AuthorMessage
EvoAnubis
Council Member/Admin
EvoAnubis

Male Number of posts : 780
PSN ID: : EvoAnubis
Registration date : 2007-08-25

SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Empty
PostSubject: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2008, 19:42

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167113

Figured you guys would want to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/deanoevolved
Trieloth
Council Member
Trieloth

Male Number of posts : 673
PSN ID: : Trieloth
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2008, 10:47

^^^Cool thanks man..here is some more cut and pasted.

Socom.com Now ready for Confrontation

Green up, it’s time to go.

I’m happy to announce that SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation will be hitting store shelves and the PLAYSTATION Store on September 16th, 2008. You’ll be able to download it from your couch or pick up a copy at your favorite brick-and-mortar and get to business.

As we approach the release of SOCOM: Confrontation on the PS3 this September, we are very excited to announce the all new SOCOM community site: www.SOCOM.com.

We’ve been working for some time to grow and expand our support for the SOCOM community. The initial phase of SOCOM.com (Phase 1) will launch with the official Blog and Message Boards dedicated to the world of SOCOM. The Blog will be the place to go for the latest updates on everything SOCOM related; including screenshots, video, behind-the-scenes blogs and more. It will also give us a method to directly communicate with the SOCOM community. You can sound off in either the comments section for each post or in the message boards. We have agents gathering intel and dev team members will respond when they can.

When SOCOM Confrontation is released, we are planning to deploy Phase 2 of SOCOM.com: a whole new website which will integrate your SOCOM Confrontation experience onto the web. We’ll have more information on Phase 2 as we get closer to release.

Unfortunately, my hands are currently tied and we cannot provide any new screens or video due to a certain exclusive which is about to hit. Rest assured, we are going to bombard you with new media soon enough.

P.S. We are looking for a select few to provide early feedback on SOCOM: Confrontation in an upcoming Private Beta test. Only the top contributors at the Official SOCOM Blog will be selected. We are on the look out for people who have intense knowledge of all the previous SOCOM games and can also demonstrate their leadership in the Message Boards and Comments section. More details soon.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : Default09
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2008, 17:42

Socom will PWN CoD4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

Male Number of posts : 316
PSN ID: : butt_rubber
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2008, 23:29

I posted this on the official SOCOM forums here:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=confrontation&thread.id=64297

but I figure I would copy and paste it here also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we have finally received a release date (September 16th) for SOCOM: Confrontation I think we should do a little recap on the SOCOM Franchise. I decided to post this in these forums just because they are more active and I thought it would be a nice recap leading up to the Confrontation release.

SOCOM: US Navy Seals
Release Date: August 27, 2002
Step Back Into the Past: SOCOM was a huge success the day it came out for a lot of good reasons. SOCOM is the very first online enabled game for the PS2. At the time, you needed to buy the network adaptor since the old PS2s were not network ready. The online play was so addicting. On average a lot of my friends played about six hours a day online. SOCOM online was so huge that you could play a stressful 11 round, one hour map to a relaxing 20 minute respawn. The weapons really covered all bases. SOCOM has assault rifles, SMGs, shotguns, sniper rifles, and handguns. In a lot of players heads SOCOM had the best hit detection in the series. The guns felt real and the players died when they were supposed to. The online maps are very in depth also. Whether you were deep in the jungle in Abandoned or you were on a boat in a middle of a rainstorm in Frostfire; there was a map for everyone in SOCOM. Even if you are new to shooters, SOCOM had a nice learning curve. The single player was really in depth. You are in control of a four man team facing a terrorist organization. You have a lot of different commands you can give your team such as, Move to…, Flash and Clear, and Fire at Will. When you bought SOCOM, it came with an officially licensed SOCOM headset for online and offline use. In the offline game, instead of bringing up the command menus, you can actually hold down O and say your command.
Today: Is SOCOM still active? Yes, it very well is. At peak times you will see 350-500 people still on. However, there are cheaters that ruin it for everyone. It is not as active as it used to be, but some gamers cannot get away from the greatness of the original SOCOM: US Navy Seals.

SOCOM II: US Navy Seals
Release Date: November 4, 2003
Step Back Into the Past: The fans wanted it. The fans needed it. The fans got it. SOCOM II was even a BIGGER success than the first game. SOCOM II had everything that the original one had and then took it to another level. SOCOM II had the very well done single player and the very addicting and robust online mode. SOCOM II has all the original SOCOM 1 maps and added more. SOCOM II also added a few more game types that the fans loved. I might be wrong, but to me, everyone loved the addition of Breach Medleys. I remember logging onto SOCOM II online and sometimes having a hard time trying to get into Breach Meds. Some of the new maps were Sujo, Foxhunt, and Nightstalker, but the one that everyone loved was and still is Crossroads. Crossroads is a daytime city map based on a market in the center of the map. Crossroads is a demolition map. SOCOM II had all of the weapons from the first game and added more. The biggest additions to the weapons were the RPGs and AT4s. They definitely brought the intensity level up in the game. Roughly 25,000-35,000 logged onto SOCOM II online every night playing at minimum four hours before calling it a night. The one downfall SOCOM II had was the hit detection. I don’t know what Zipper did but something went terribly wrong from SOCOM 1 to SOCOM II. I remember people screaming on the mic about “I shot this guy 1000 times and he didn’t die.” I can’t tell you how many people said that. Another issue was framerate. Besides gameplay, framerate basically can make a game or kill a game. The framerate in SOCOM II was nothing to brag about. When there are too many characters on screen in a gun fight, you will see some framerate droppage. Framerate and lag can get mixed up but lag was not that much of an issue. I remember playing Fish Hook, right when the round starts all the Terrorists would be throwing grenades down the hill right into the Seals. Too much action on screen for that game and the framerate drops. But besides that, SOCOM II was the game to get…
Today: SOCOM II is still one of the most played online games for the PS2. Last time I logged on which was about 2 months ago, there were 2,000 people on and it was a Wednesday evening. That’s pretty impressive for almost a five year old game. However, it is very hard to find a game without any cheaters. Code 9 is almost a must have. If for some odd reason you missed SOCOM II: US Navy Seals, buy it and find a good group of people and play it for yourself. I am very proud to still have SOCOM II in my game collection.

SOCOM 3: US Navy Seals
Release Date: October 11, 2005
Step Back Into the Past: I am just going to say it right now… SOCOM 3 was a step backwards in the series. It wasn’t necessarily a bad game, but it wasn’t a good game either. Probably the biggest problem with SOCOM 3 was that it was VERY disappointing to the fans. They built up so much hype and it just did not deliver. The one thing that they did really nail is the Community Features; very well organized online menus. The “Fast Login” at the main screen was very good. You would get online in about 30 seconds. The clan menu was very good as well as the friends list. It told you when people log online, find your clan mates and friends really easily. You had almost 1000 different ways to customize your weapon, but the gameplay really hurt the game. The guns felt very unrealistic and they didn’t have any power. The gun ranges were very very very bad. Most of the levels really didn’t have the SOCOM feel. The graphics were nothing to get excited about either. Everything was so muddy looking and the horizon in some maps looked really washed out. But the biggest complaint was the addition of vehicles. Since they upped the sizes of the maps and now its 16 vs. 16, they needed to put vehicles for some transport. Basically, what would happen is whoever got into the vehicles first, won. That wasn’t the case all of the time, but it happened a lot. Zipper didn’t want to always have 32 player games so they downscaled the majority of the maps to classic 16 players, but the 16 player maps were nothing like SOCOM II. They were actually much smaller than SOCOM II. Probably the biggest downfall about playing the 16 player rooms was the framerate. Everything was so close to each other and the grenade throwing was ridiculous. In my eyes, Antendra Small was the biggest framerate issue map. The Seals and the Mercenaries would rush the middle room and the framerate would drop to nothing at times. On the 32 player maps, framerate wasn’t a big concearn but it was still there on some maps. Citadel being the obvious one. Another huge complaint was no old maps present. None of the old maps returned at all. However, they did release the Hard Drive maps from SOCOM II later which are After Hours, Liberation, and Last Bastion. Recently they added Desert Glory, Blood Lake, Abandoned, and Blizzard.
Today: There are still roughly 15,000 people that log on daily. There are cheaters, but it’s not that bad. The majority of the community doesn’t cheat and just wants to have a fun time. Some people had a reality check and just said “I am going back to S2.”

SOCOM US Navy Seals: Combined Assault
Release Date: November 7, 2006
Step Back Into the Past: Many people considered Combined Assault an expansion pack rather than a brand new game because it was the same thing as SOCOM 3. All of the issues were still there and nothing really changed. They did however add some cool new features such as co op campaign. You can play the whole story mode up to 4 players online or LAN. Also, if a buddy of yours never purchases Combined Assault but has SOCOM 3, you and your buddy can play all the SOCOM 3 content. I thought this was a very respectable, innovative feature. The new maps in Combined Assault I thought were much better than SOCOM 3, but nothing compared to SOCOM II.
Today: Since SOCOM 3 and Combined Assault are running on the same server, there are about 15,000 loyal S3/CA gamers still playing.

SOCOM: Confrontation
Release Date: September 16, 2008
Step Into the Future: SOCOM fans definitely have had it rough ever since they announced Confrontation back in May. We basically knew that the game was going to have the “Over The Shoulder” view and Crossroads was one of the five maps that are going to be in the game when it launches. Now we finally have a release date and the EGM article is right around the corner. We have Abigale here with us posting stuff pretty much daily and now we have a SOCOM site. We just have to hang in there and soon enough SOCOM: Confrontation will be here.

I realize I have left out the PSP versions of the series, so feel free to add your input regarding those games because I realize these are important to the progress of the series. If you see any errors or would like to add to any of the information, please feel free.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2008, 10:26

Last night I sent a messege on the PSN to my Sony Rep about getting me into the beta. haha. I love having direct contact with Sony. lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trieloth
Council Member
Trieloth

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2008, 17:00

butt_rubber wrote:
Last night I sent a messege on the PSN to my Sony Rep about getting me into the beta. haha. I love having direct contact with Sony. lol.
Thats freaking sweet man. If you get in let us know how badass it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebat_Ghost
Firebat_Ghost

Male Number of posts : 107
PSN ID: : Firebat_Ghost
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 02:15

I want beta. >_>

I can't wait to get this game. =3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2008, 10:59

he said the beta isnt gonna start till mayish
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2008, 11:08

I read the 5 or so pages EGM had on SOCOM and this game is getting me exited. Going back to what made SOCOM great while adding in a ton of new technology.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2008, 10:57

Yeah. They are trying to get back to the roots. Im really excited to see what its gonna be like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2008, 19:15

Today on The 1up Show, they had an exclusive interview with Seth Luisi and Slant 6 with the game. Here is the link to JUST the SOCOM: Confrontation part of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZyr27LRxag I think the whole show is like 30 minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2008, 19:18

Nice. This game is gonna be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Godsend
Council Member/Head Admin
Godsend

Male Number of posts : 1592
PSN ID: : Godsend429 or Frydaddy78
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2008, 00:30

Probaly not going to get it.

"IGN is the Uwe Boll of Game Reviewing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blacktemplarsguild.forumotion.com
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2008, 07:12

Aww^ man this game is going to be pretty big. You sure?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2008, 12:06

This is actually gonna probably sell the system for best multiplayer this year. Look what happened in the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 07:54

Here is some new info.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/874/874021p1.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 09:37

butt_rubber wrote:
This is actually gonna probably sell the system for best multiplayer this year. Look what happened in the past.

Well I had my PS2 at launch and I knew then it was going to be the best console. I don't need games to sell me a system. Research and past performance are key factors in my console purchases. Always has been and I've never been wrong. SOCOM didn't do shit for me. Never had it, never played it and the way shooters are flooding the market right now I just can't afford any more watered down games. Besides there is nothing to show that this one will be any better than the last few flops they called SOCOM 3 and CA.

Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 10:37

Godsend wrote:
butt_rubber wrote:

Well I had my PS2 at launch and I knew then it was going to be the best console. I don't need games to sell me a system. Research and past performance are key factors in my console purchases. Always has been and I've never been wrong. SOCOM didn't do shit for me. Never had it, never played it and the way shooters are flooding the market right now I just can't afford any more watered down games. Besides there is nothing to show that this one will be any better than the last few flops they called SOCOM 3 and CA.

They are not flops. They are still most played online games for the PS2. SOCOM 3/CA is number one and SOCOM 2 is in the top 5 which is really impressive. Go look at the numbers. SOCOM 3/CA still has 18,000+ people on Friday - Sunday. SOCOM 2 still has 3,000-5,000 people on Friday - Sunday. They are nothing but success.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 10:52

Oh really?, but as any Socom fan will tell you that 2 was by far the best and the other were far from it's greatness.

Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 11:36

Oh I agree. But SOCOM 3/CA attracted more people that never played SOCOM 1 or SOCOM 2. Thats why in my eyes SOCOM 3/CA was a bigger success than SOCOM 1 and 2. All of the SOCOM 2 junkies either went back to SOCOM 2 or just gave up on the series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 11:44

I am loving everything I am seeing from Confrontation. The graphics look amazing, the gameplay looks really solid, and it looks like they have been able to recapture what made SOCOM great in the first place. I am definitely going to pick this up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trieloth
Council Member
Trieloth

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 11:54

Iam thinking Iam not going to get this game. From what I can tell MGO2 is better. The Socom team can use a better back ground artist also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
natey2k4
Clan Member
natey2k4

Male Number of posts : 202
PSN ID: : natey2k4
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 12:33

So excited for this game.

I really don't care about MGS (I'll probably buy it for you tossers, lol) but I'm super excited for this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 20:24

Well in any case This game is going to have to work hard to sell me on it. I'm already getting sick of shooters of any kind. Come on MMORPG!

Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 20:25

I recently got LOTRO actually. lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next