Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good HDMI cable?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2008, 19:30

HDTV's are something I understand, but cables are not my strong point. I know HDMI is the best thing and gives the best sound and picture quality. But are there different (better/worse) kinds of HDMI cables? Some of them cost $120 and some cost $19.99.

Anyway, this is the HDMI cable I want to buy. If there is a difference, is this a good cable? If not, point me in the direction of a good, yet cost friendly cable. Thanks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2008, 21:29

used ta be in the busines myself
look for what kind of shielding it has
sometimes, only sometimes, the thicker the better
i spent like 60 bucks on my ps3\hdmi cable and i couldnt be happier(as far as *** ass connector cables go)
dont be really cheap tho man, you can have the best equipment and shit, but if you cheap out on
the essentials like cables and power supplies, then you might as well be playin on a 13" b+w
Back to top Go down

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2008, 22:40

I spent about 40 for mine, and there "Gaming HDMI Cables" don't really know what that means. But its nine feet of HDMI greatness. It puts out great picture, and thats really all I need.
Back to top Go down
Whisky-Foxtrot
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 47
PSN ID: : RedSpear7
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Stop!   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2008, 09:25

DON'T BUY ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! All HDMI cables are the same. The ones @ monoprice.com are the same ones as the $120 ones made by monster just don't have the brand name on them, run ya about 6 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Council Member/Head Admin
Godsend

Male Number of posts : 1592
PSN ID: : Godsend429 or Frydaddy78
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2008, 10:37

HDMI cables go out belive it or not. My brother in law tried to go cheap and his Walmart cable went out in a week so he got another one and it only lasted a month. Then he went a got a $50 cable and it's lasted for over a year now. This is just one example I have. There are plenty more. Don't go El Cheapo, but it's not nessary to Uber-Expencive either! A good cable in the $40-$60 range should do just fine. Here's an Idea!! Get the offical SONY PS3 HDMI.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=68585
Back to top Go down
https://blacktemplarsguild.forumotion.com
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2008, 14:13

They're not all the same, different materials, different gauges, etc.
No 2 cords in the world are made 100% identical.
Better mats means better cord, and that usually means higher price
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2008, 17:00

$80 is a bit out of my price range, especially since I will have just bought a $900+ HDTV with tax and maybe a warranty.
I will try to get an HDMI cable in the $30-$60 range.
Back to top Go down
Whisky-Foxtrot
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 47
PSN ID: : RedSpear7
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2008, 19:37

Don't say I didn't tell ya

That was a link btw, as if i needed more back up CNET chiped in http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11276_7-6845988-3.html?tag=nav
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2008, 21:21

umm, that first link dude, AV whatever is a company that sells cables
so of course they're gonna say that monster isnt the best
the second link does a little more for your arguement, but not much
why dont they use single strand copper wire for telephone lines and power lines etc. ?
Theres always a difference man, I sold electronics and Im a "expert" car audio tech too
Connections always have and always will make a difference no matter the application
Back to top Go down
Arsenal0328
Clan Member
Arsenal0328

Male Number of posts : 488
PSN ID: : Arsenal0328 and TehGovernator
Registration date : 2007-08-03

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2008, 14:30

all HDMI cables output the same picture quality, the reason the prices are jacked up are because of brand name and other really tiny differences. Next time your over near the airport, head over to international plaza and get this one:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=MTUzNTk&fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/cables&nplm=TL951LL/A

just look at the reviews for it, EVERYONE is happy with it.

I have it for my apple t.v. for near 6 months now, also used it temporarily for the PS3 downstairs that is used strictly as a blu ray player because my dad forgot to get the HDMI cable, it worked just as well as my monster upstairs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good HDMI cable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good HDMI cable?   Good HDMI cable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good HDMI cable?
Page 1 of 1