Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sins of a Solar Empire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Sins of a Solar Empire Empty
PostSubject: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 19:20

What a great game. If you like RTS games get this game now! It is definitely worth the $40, even with MGS4 coming up.

This game has so much content and things to do, that I still probably haven't figured everything out.

The goal of the game is to take over the map of planets. Now, this could be as small as a single solar system with 12 planets, or as large as 5 galaxies with over 30+ planets per galaxy.

I am only playing my first game, with a 15 planet solar system, and I am amazed at how good the replay value is. I am not even done with a SMALL GAME and I have been playing for about 7 hours. And I am only about half way done. Sure, I COULD be going a little faster, but why? I would rather build up an immense fleet and defense system, as well as a strong economy, before I attack. And with the sheer possible scale of this game, and the mutiplayer online, its crazy good.

I hadn't ever played an RTS before this game and I love it. If you are an RTS fan, or someone looking for a game that breaks away from the FPS monotony, look into this game. You can download the demo on GameFiles.com. Just Google "Sins of a Solar Empire Demo" and you'll find it.

The best part about the game is also the most difficult to overcome. Because of the sheer amount of things that you can do, the learning curve is VERY steep. It took me about 4 hours through the demo before I had a good idea of what the hell I was doing, and what I needed to do in order to move on. But if you can overcome this, it becomes a great game that is easy to play but VERY difficult to master.

I was right about Monster Hunter Freedom 2, and I sure as hell am right about this. If you have an extra $40 to blow before/after MGS4, definitely look into this game.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 274
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Sins of a Solar Empire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 20:07

I be too busy with meh MGS4 bro. Maybe some otha time when I get a good pc, which may be unlikely for a while atleast. Also striker I got the strat guide for the hell of it. SO many damn things to get!!! Amazing! It'll take you about 5 playthroughs to get everything.
Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Force Recon Forums :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: