Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread

Go down 
+2
Darkeric
exmark72
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2008, 17:58

The Resident Evil franchise has been one of the most, if not the most successful survivor horror game ever made. There have been many clones, some have failed, and some have made it. But none have reached the pure adrenaline and just down right scariness that Resident Evil bestows upon us. Now, with Resident Evil 5 starting to get more hype, I thought that we could use a thread where we could talk about possible storylines, and rumors.

So there you go, someone else can start off the conversation, and I’ll come in later and up my post…erm… I mean, share my opinion.
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2008, 19:48

Yea, my most looked forward to game of this year, sans gta4 of course.
Still play 4 from time to time, went through the one for gamecube around 10 times probably.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 274
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2008, 19:53

Storyline hmmmm let me see
-in the year 2015, nanomachines have finally caught up with the human race. The world seemed to be a better place, or so we had though. The Red Cross decided to implant many of the citizens of Africa to see how this affected their non-technological lives. All seemed good at first, but Gasp! An infection started to spread from their poor, unwashed bodies! Many started going crazy and killing everyone around them. The Agency decided to send Solid Raiden to fight of the infection, he is joined by his partner, Naomi walters. They realize soon after that they alone can't fight off the infection and need help.
Spoilers- At the very end they are about to be eaten by crazy cannibalistic africans but not to fear! George W. Bush's Good cyborg/robot/ninja/clone comes into action and saves them. Owning them like how Solidus owned those Ray's at the end of MGS2.
The END!!!
Did joo rike it???
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

Male Number of posts : 316
PSN ID: : butt_rubber
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 08:08

Oh man. I dont even know where to beging with RE5. I have every single RE game from the PSone to the Dreamcast to the PS2 to the GC to the DS and soon to the PS3. Played every single one inside and out and I am dieeeeeeing to see what happens in RE5. I know just about everything you need to know about the RE franchise. I have the RE Archives book which I read. Read a few of the novels too.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 09:13

butt_rubber wrote:
Oh man. I dont even know where to beging with RE5. I have every single RE game from the PSone to the Dreamcast to the PS2 to the GC to the DS and soon to the PS3. Played every single one inside and out and I am dieeeeeeing to see what happens in RE5. I know just about everything you need to know about the RE franchise. I have the RE Archives book which I read. Read a few of the novels too.

Wow. Your quite the fan. I never really like RE but it does intrigue me. Maybe I will rent RE5 because it does look pretty good. I feel bad about skipping out on masterpieces but I'm not really a fan of horror games!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Male Number of posts : 760
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:07

i kinda really wanted to play resident evil 4 so mabey this would be a cool one to get at being on the new generation
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:14

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
i kinda really wanted to play resident evil 4 so mabey this would be a cool one to get at being on the new generation

Yeah, RE4 was pretty good but me personally...not into the whole horror thing. Maybe if it has co-op so I can hide behind my friends!!!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:18

i didnt really seem like a too horror based game so i thoight it might be good
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:25

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
i didnt really seem like a too horror based game so i thoight it might be good
Maybe. I was never much of a horror guy though!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:27

me either but i always enjoy a good zombie game
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:28

Oh man I love the RE series. That and the SOCOM series are my favorite series. First RE game I have ever played was RE2 for the N64. I remember I got it for my birthday that year. After playing that, I was hooked.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:30

is the game long or short?
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:42

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:

All RE games (besides RE4) you can beat them in under 6 hours first time through. Once you unlock more stuff, you can beat them really fast. But what keeps the game so addictive is the storyline. You get soooooo engaged with the characters and what the secret is behind Umbrella that you just need to keep playing. RE4 will take you 18-25 hours depending if you really want to explore and get everything. Took me 21 hours first time through.

The one bad thing for newcomers to the series is that if you start at RE Code Veronica or RE4, you will probably get a little lost in the story. Not so much on RE4 but they do make some refrences to the past games.

If you do want to start from the beginnging this is the order you should play them in:

RE1 or REmake
RE0
RE2
RE3 or RE Outbreak, Outbreak 2
RE Dead Aim
RE Code Veronica
RE4 (Wii version is the best)
RE5

If you dont want to play through all of them you can deffinitly just play RE Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii because it takes you through RE0-RE3 plus a brand new location. The catch is that its an "Arcade Shooter" meaning it walks you through the whole game and you just point and shoot but at least you will have the majority of the story. RE UC is basically for newcomers preping you up for RE5.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:42

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:

LOL! Probably long!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:43

mabey after all the great games that are coming out ill pick it up
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:51

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
mabey after all the great games that are coming out ill pick it up

Ehh. Same here!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:54

anyone else looking into borderlands?
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:56

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
anyone else looking into borderlands?

LOL! Kinda. I'm not really into it that much! Oh well. My friends like it alot!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:57

do they? im also looking into that space survival game
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 22:01

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
do they? im also looking into that space survival game

K!
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 19:32

Wii version the best ?
hahahaha, no way dude, gamecube version for the win
graphics blow it outta the water, controls and sound are better too,
plus you were playin a GAMECUBE, and not a Wii(ner)
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 20:29

exmark72 wrote:
Wii version the best ?
hahahaha, no way dude, gamecube version for the win
graphics blow it outta the water, controls and sound are better too,
plus you were playin a GAMECUBE, and not a Wii(ner)

If you played and beat RE4 10+ times, beating it in under 6 hours, you will realize that the way RE4 is meant to be played is with the Wii motion controls. It just feels natural and you can "zip" right where you need to be with the crosshairs. Plus, the Wii verison you get all of the RE4 story which was NOT in the gamecube version. Also the Wii version is not a "port." They upscaled the graphics a tad and they put a lot of Wii exclusive content in the game. But if you do want to play with the gamecube controls, you can. The Wii version can be played with the Wii motion contols, classic controller, and the gamecube controller.

Heres in order for the best way to play RE4:

1. Wii version
2. PS2 version
3. Gamecube version
4. PC version

The PC version is garbage. To use mouse support, you need to download a mod which is not that great anyways. The default controls are moving Leon with W, A, S, D, which is fine but to aim is the arrow keyes or the numbers. Now thats a bitch.
Back to top Go down
natey2k4
Clan Member
natey2k4

Male Number of posts : 202
PSN ID: : natey2k4
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2008, 11:08

Sorry ex man.. but Butt Rubber is right for once.

The Wii version owns any other version of the game, especially once you consider exclusive content.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2008, 11:31

I have played both the gamecube version and the PS2 version. I preferred the PS2 version, but that’s mainly due to the fact that I owned it. But its easily one of the best games in the PS2 library, saying that it’s the best RE game yet, can be debatable. But the majority of the Resident Evil fans would most likely agree with you on that statement. The game is very nice to look at, and the game play and story is on the level of a 5 star movie script. I know a lot of people that had big problems with the fact that there where no zombies in the game, but still, I really thought that it was time to go in another direction. You can only do so much with zombies. At least now you face an enemy that thinks, and is still as brutal as a zombie.

When I heard that Chris Redfield was going to be the main character in this game, I thought to myself that this could be pretty cool. But then I heard that it was in Africa… and everything I thought went out the window. The only thing that I can think of is if you watch the end of RE 4, you find out that the las pluages(sp) have an inside man IN THE WHITE HOUSE, so anything could happen there. They say that Umbrella isn’t running the show anymore, but I think that’s just a bunch of lies. Wesker is working for someone, I know that he wants the virus for himself, but he is getting funded from some outside source.

I think the whole RE 5 story is going to come down to, they have juiced up the las pluages virus, and have released it on a third world country to see the true effects of this new form of the parasite. Why Chris is there, I will never know, at least until the game comes out.

But the game is so far out, I could be horribly wrong. So we will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2008, 12:46

natey2k4 wrote:
Sorry ex man.. but Butt Rubber is right for once.

The Wii version owns any other version of the game, especially once you consider exclusive content.

^When have I ever been wrong. I always lay it out on the floor. haha

Quote :
I have played both the gamecube version and the PS2 version. I preferred the PS2 version, but that’s mainly due to the fact that I owned it. But its easily one of the best games in the PS2 library, saying that it’s the best RE game yet, can be debatable. But the majority of the Resident Evil fans would most likely agree with you on that statement. The game is very nice to look at, and the game play and story is on the level of a 5 star movie script. I know a lot of people that had big problems with the fact that there where no zombies in the game, but still, I really thought that it was time to go in another direction. You can only do so much with zombies. At least now you face an enemy that thinks, and is still as brutal as a zombie.

When I heard that Chris Redfield was going to be the main character in this game, I thought to myself that this could be pretty cool. But then I heard that it was in Africa… and everything I thought went out the window. The only thing that I can think of is if you watch the end of RE 4, you find out that the las pluages(sp) have an inside man IN THE WHITE HOUSE, so anything could happen there. They say that Umbrella isn’t running the show anymore, but I think that’s just a bunch of lies. Wesker is working for someone, I know that he wants the virus for himself, but he is getting funded from some outside source.

I think the whole RE 5 story is going to come down to, they have juiced up the las pluages virus, and have released it on a third world country to see the true effects of this new form of the parasite. Why Chris is there, I will never know, at least until the game comes out.

But the game is so far out, I could be horribly wrong. So we will just have to wait and see.

When I first heard that RE4 is going away from the RE roots (camera, zombies) I wanted to kill Capcom. Then when I heard what the storyline was...... I wanted to drop a bomb in Capcoms office. To this day I am still not happy with the outcome of RE4 but for what you are getting, its a great game. By no means its not a Survival Horror game; its a Action Adventure game. As for RE5, it looks like they are trying to bring the "Horror" back into the series. I still wish the series uses the fixed camera angles but whatever. Capcom just wanted to bring new fans to the series thats why its third person now. Oh well....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread   Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 Discussion & Rumor Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next