HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Empty
PostSubject: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 12:11

Quote :
World at War will utilise the Call of Duty 4 engine but the developer has also added various enhancments, such as the ability the burn down buildings and foliage. The game takes place primarily in the pacific, with the US forces fighting Imperial Japan. Frank Kearsy, military advisor and Gulf War Veteran, has made sure that the way the Japanse fight is both tenacious and shocking.

You’ll also be fighting as the Russians, who are invading Germany. With the Nazi forces on the back foot they will start fighting even more ferociously in an attempt to defend their strongholds such as in Berlin. There is also a new party system that will allow the leader to issue commands to his troops in single player.

Mutliplayer perks are also back, including some of the favorites from Call of Duty 4, but there will also be new ones that better suit the time period. The game also features new weapons for the series, such as the flamethrower, which according to OXM, can melt the skin off of your enemies and set ablaze grass and wooden buildings. You are also able to shoot throw materials depending on the strength of the material."

Wow... just wow... right when we have modern warfare, they just HAVE to go back in time. To fight the Nazis and Russians, and Japs. YAY. This is most likely one of the worst moves that could have EVER taken place in the COD franchise. The second was letting Treyarch take back over. Wow...

More details Include...

Players: 1-2
Online (Co-Op): 2-4
Online Multiplayer: 2-16
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 12:24

I like the WWII setting....and its in the Pacific this time around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darrrkness
darrrkness

Male Number of posts : 92
PSN ID: : NERO-X-
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 12:58

awwww that suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trieloth
Council Member
Trieloth

Male Number of posts : 673
PSN ID: : Trieloth
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 13:03

cheers Thank God!! and Co-Op also Woot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 13:11

My sarcasm radar isn’t going off, so I’m guessing your being serious? I do love the fact that there finally going to have Co-Op, but just the fact that once again, we have to go back in time, to fight Nazis… just burns me up. While the flame thrower does sound like a decent weapon, this game just doesn’t sound like its going to do anything revolutionary. Look at CoD 4, what it did was great. It combined a great single player experience, with some excellent online play. Just ignore the fact that we had problems getting connected and look at the game play.

I guess I’m just getting a little worried for nothing, I mean, the game isn’t coming out for a long time. But I just can’t help but to think about Call of Duty 3, and how bad it was. I guess it comes down to the fact that I really loved the “Modern Warfare” feel. High tech weaponry, combined with really awesome stories. Just makes me think how much more they could have done with it.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Male Number of posts : 760
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 13:17

o boy another treyarch game definatly gonna go out and get another to complete my huge collection by this fantastic company /sarcasm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkeric
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 274
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 13:42

well, hopefully this one won't suck ***.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 13:55

Its not the Nazis, CoD5 will be in the PACIFIC fighting the Japs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 14:59

I'm sure they will slip a few nazi forces in there. I wouldn't put it past them, they do love the Nazi people.
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 18:40

wow romes, thx for the info that most of us knew right after cod4 came out, good try tho, haha, just ****** ya dude
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:22

yup saw it coming not getting cod5 but i know someone that godsend knows might enjoy that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

Male Number of posts : 316
PSN ID: : butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:31

I saw this a mile away. I like how its using the same engine and its most likey going to be "M" rated from the gamespot.com description but going back to WWII is really going to turn off a lot of players. I will probably get it since I have COD 2, 3, 4 for the X360 and it will look cool on the shelf. haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 21:32

they'll find a way to mess it up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!   Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess what! COD 5 is going to be... another WW2 Shooter!
Page 1 of 1