HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 ending?(obvious spoilers)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 01:56

anyone as dissapointed with the ending as i was? this is solid snakes last game hes old and can barely move without his suit yet he survives tons of bullets shocks enough punches to make mike tyson cringe and survives micro radiation... it seems they wanted so much to keep going with the story they forgot it was the LAST GAME (for snake at least) i wanted conclusion they gave me a conclusion and then they gave me a thousand more ways for the story to go... also raiden and all them surviving at the end really made me angry it had the most predictable "Just in time to stop the badies you are gonna slaughter my friends" ending then he blacks out he's done right? nope gets up and slugs it out with liquid how!? he couldnt even walk! and then that last fight was really good but didnt make much sense dont even get me started on big boss... i really almost turned off my ps3 hen i saw him there


sorry for the zero punctuation there btw anyone know when Ninja cyborg, vulcan raven and Hideko Kojima ever talked in that game? it has them listed as voice actors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
avatar

Male Number of posts : 996
Age : 26
Location : Tampa, Florida
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 05:44

The ending was awesome! Snake was able to fight Liquid because he got some shots of those nanos Liquid had that regenerated his energy. And keep in mind that this is Solid fucking Snake.

I really enjoyed the last part with Big Boss, it really summed everything up extremely well, and I was glad to see that he survived (until he died from FoxDie.)

The ending was better than I thought it would be, and I could not see any other ending being better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkeric
Clan Member


Male Number of posts : 274
Age : 31
Location : Texas
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 08:31

I enjoyed the ending to! I still don't get some of the things with big boss and how he came back alive but I'll just watch those cutscenes again some other time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 10:30

Striker wrote:
The ending was awesome! Snake was able to fight Liquid because he got some shots of those nanos Liquid had that regenerated his energy. And keep in mind that this is Solid fucking Snake.

I really enjoyed the last part with Big Boss, it really summed everything up extremely well, and I was glad to see that he survived (until he died from FoxDie.)

The ending was better than I thought it would be, and I could not see any other ending being better.

he said a while ago though that the syringes weren't working anymore he managed to go through micro radiation and then got right back up and slugged it out with ocelot the big boss ending was soo dumb it was a good story but when everybody is fucking INVINCIBLE it makes it really annoying up to act 5 i was loving the game more than anything but when raiden came back for the 3rd time it slowly drooped down for me i still absolutly loved the ending though up intil after snake "kills himself" the big boss scene didnt even need to be there everything was summed up it brought more questions then answered them right away any one know abou those voices?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkeric
Clan Member


Male Number of posts : 274
Age : 31
Location : Texas
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 12:12

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
Striker wrote:
The ending was awesome! Snake was able to fight Liquid because he got some shots of those nanos Liquid had that regenerated his energy. And keep in mind that this is Solid fucking Snake.

I really enjoyed the last part with Big Boss, it really summed everything up extremely well, and I was glad to see that he survived (until he died from FoxDie.)

The ending was better than I thought it would be, and I could not see any other ending being better.

he said a while ago though that the syringes weren't working anymore he managed to go through micro radiation and then got right back up and slugged it out with ocelot the big boss ending was soo dumb it was a good story but when everybody is fucking INVINCIBLE it makes it really annoying up to act 5 i was loving the game more than anything but when raiden came back for the 3rd time it slowly drooped down for me i still absolutly loved the ending though up intil after snake "kills himself" the big boss scene didnt even need to be there everything was summed up it brought more questions then answered them right away any one know abou those voices?

Which voices? You mean at the end? Well yeah but Raiden is a freaking cyborg so he's allowed to come back an infinite # of times. I thought the lightning thing he did was really stupid though, it made NO sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 13:18

hes not though hes still a human h got RUN OVER BY A METAL GEAR he cut his own arm off he took multiple stab wounds to the chest and neck your last part basically summed up the end for me really cool but some parts didnt make much sense at all in the credits at the end right before the big boss scene under the voice actors were the actors for vulcan raven Cyborg ninja and voice of god (voiced by hideo kojima)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkeric
Clan Member


Male Number of posts : 274
Age : 31
Location : Texas
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 14:20

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
hes not though hes still a human h got RUN OVER BY A METAL GEAR he cut his own arm off he took multiple stab wounds to the chest and neck your last part basically summed up the end for me really cool but some parts didnt make much sense at all in the credits at the end right before the big boss scene under the voice actors were the actors for vulcan raven Cyborg ninja and voice of god (voiced by hideo kojima)

He's not really much of a human is he? His insides and outsides are different. All in all he is a cyborg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
avatar

Male Number of posts : 996
Age : 26
Location : Tampa, Florida
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 16:48

The ending summed everything up perfectly, no loose ends. And it put in an in-depth summary of the entire storyline to boot. Maybe you missed something, but everything was summed up and finished.

Raiden should have died after getting his ass run over by Outer Haven. The fact that he survived Vamp, then getting crushed by metal, then getting crushed by OH, THEN getting stabbed like 5 times by the FROGs and then LIVING....that was stupid and it pissed me off too. But as I said before, Snake was able to fight Liquid because Liquid gave him nanomachines which regenerated his health/regained his strength.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 17:14

Why does Raiden living piss people off? He deserved to live, why do you think Snake made it through his mission. Raiden was the main reason Snake was able to finish this entire thing. Without Raiden, Snake would have failed, so I think he deserves to live. Getting pissed off because he lived is kind of silly.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
avatar

Male Number of posts : 996
Age : 26
Location : Tampa, Florida
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 17:30

Oh I agree, he is badass and he deserved to live. But at the same time, I agree that after getting pounded over 5 times, it was kinda far fetched that he lived.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkeric
Clan Member


Male Number of posts : 274
Age : 31
Location : Texas
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 18:07

Striker wrote:
Oh I agree, he is badass and he deserved to live. But at the same time, I agree that after getting pounded over 5 times, it was kinda far fetched that he lived.

OMG! He's a fucking Cyborg guys! His whole body is mechanic except for spine and most of his head and he doesn't even have real BLOOD! There you go, he's amazing and kickass so shut up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 18:37

Darkeric wrote:
Striker wrote:
Oh I agree, he is badass and he deserved to live. But at the same time, I agree that after getting pounded over 5 times, it was kinda far fetched that he lived.

OMG! He's a fucking Cyborg guys! His whole body is mechanic except for spine and most of his head and he doesn't even have real BLOOD! There you go, he's amazing and kickass so shut up!

uh no watch the end again he has human everything but is in a suit and yes he does have blood they explain pretty early that its purified blood w/e that might be

and striker the nanomachines where failing they werent working for him anymore he said that right on his way to the server room

and there were quite a few loose ends when did snake get that new strain of foxdie? why did EVA jump into the body of solidus snake? how did they get parts from solidus when he got roasted? how did big boss survive death twice? how did one strain of fox die kill people with 3 different sets of genes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
avatar

Male Number of posts : 996
Age : 26
Location : Tampa, Florida
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 20:43

I'm not going to go in depth. They answer that. Just play it again, you must have missed it. They don't go into super-amazing detail, but they give enough info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 21:02

no they dont they dont give anything at all for any of those
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
avatar

Male Number of posts : 996
Age : 26
Location : Tampa, Florida
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 21:12

Well let me try to answer a few of them:

Quote :
when did snake get that new strain of foxdie?

Naomi explained that as Snake's body changes rapidly, it also changed the FoxDie. Seeing as how Snake's body continues to degrade over time, FoxDie kept mutating until it mutated into an entirely new strain. I thought that was pretty clear.

Quote :
why did EVA jump into the body of solidus snake?
She jumped INTO his body? Ewww....when did this happen? Razz

Quote :
how did they get parts from solidus when he got roasted?
Apparently he wasn't roasted enough to be useless....they were able to salvage his body so the Patriots used his limbs to attach to Big Boss.

Quote :
how did big boss survive death twice?
Hideo Kojima is a miracle worker. No, but really, I guess thats just because Big Boss > everyone.

Quote :
how did one strain of fox die kill people with 3 different sets of genes?
We know that FoxDie kills whoever it is programed to kill. Who said it couldn't be programmed to kill more than one person? Wink

I think its kinda nit picky to ask this...these questions were pretty unimportant, it doesn't matter that they don't explain it exactly. Besides, they never told us how exactly Raiden got injured. But hey, they finished off his story well. Overall, they finished everything off nice. Sometimes things happen in books, movies and games that are never explained. Who cares how exactly Big Boss got Solidus's limbs, the fact that he survived is true testament to his awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 21:18

no to that first one

she said they mutated but boss told him in the end that he was infected with a NEW strain of foxdie and thats another question why did Boss willingly go to his death the whole boss scene just fucked everything up ending was much better up till the suicide part
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
avatar

Male Number of posts : 996
Age : 26
Location : Tampa, Florida
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 21:20

Meh, I am tired. I don't feel like arguing with you. You have some facts wrong, and that last scene was awesome and wrapped up everything. Go to the GayFAGs.com site if you want to argue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 21:21

you say i have facts wrong but you didnt answer anything i said other than the fox die thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
avatar

Male Number of posts : 996
Age : 26
Location : Tampa, Florida
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 21:25

Well, I am pretty sure that first answer is right. I don't recall Big Boss saying he got infected with a new FoxDie, he said that the new FoxDie mutated into a newer one, which is suppressing the old one that was about to spread. Naomi told Snake he was "infected" which was then proven to be wrong when Big Boss told him about the mutation.

When did Eva jump into Solidus? Was that a typo, because I don't remember that happening Razz

I just think you don't need to be so nit picky. Everything of importance was answered, little things aren't always answered. Take Star Wars. In Episode 6, Leia said she remembered her mother being sad, but in Episode 3 Padme died right after birth. If you don't like it thats fine, but it answered basically everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 760
Age : 25
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 17th 2008, 23:00

i liked it but im bring up a discussion of the things it didnt cover not what it did im 100% positive he said it was a new strain of foxdie hence why it never killed ocelot earlier


could be in here mabey

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 18th 2008, 10:43

Could have been from a number of people, my guess is that Drebin injected him with them because the Patriots ordered him to. That way he could complete his mission, they wanted liquid delt with, and he was the only one that could do it. So to keep him alive, they just put more foxdie in him. Thats just a guess tho.

If your going to complain about the ending, why not go full circle and complain about the entire game.
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 477
Age : 34
Location : MI
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 18th 2008, 17:24

i remember when naomi said it was a "something" maybe she said NEW strain of fox-die, she definitely did imply tho that it was a different strain of fox-die, so on that part evers is correct, it had different effects n such than the previous "diseases" ........
and i dont give a fuckin fuck what anyone says, if you can play 1 metal gear game and not get at least a little confused by something in the story you're either a lier, or spent waaaaaaaay too much damn time playin MGS?
so there, hit me w\ the pm flames and negative posts on here bout it.....
im fuckin ready for em.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkeric
Clan Member


Male Number of posts : 274
Age : 31
Location : Texas
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   June 18th 2008, 20:14

exmark72 wrote:
i remember when naomi said it was a "something" maybe she said NEW strain of fox-die, she definitely did imply tho that it was a different strain of fox-die, so on that part evers is correct, it had different effects n such than the previous "diseases" ........
and i dont give a fuckin fuck what anyone says, if you can play 1 metal gear game and not get at least a little confused by something in the story you're either a lier, or spent waaaaaaaay too much damn time playin MGS?
so there, hit me w\ the pm flames and negative posts on here bout it.....
im fuckin ready for em.......

I think your right. I still don't understand it all and I've beaten it 3 times!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ending?(obvious spoilers)   

Back to top Go down
 
ending?(obvious spoilers)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Force Recon Games :: Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online :: Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online General Discussion-
Jump to: