Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question! Empty
PostSubject: To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question!   To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question! Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2008, 19:30

Well, when they first came out with the news that you could remove the dust from your PS3 by using its own fans, I became a happy little gamer. But when I found out that it was only for the 40 GB model, I just got mad. BUT NOW, there is apparently a way to do this for the 60 GB models. Now I'm not going to do this yet, due to the fact that Sony really hasn't said anything about it, and they way the kid makes it look seems like it could mess it up. So I'll wait, but I'm sure hoping that this works, I wouldn't mind doing it every couple of weeks.

Now let me just say that this isn't a dust removing video, it’s just a fan test. But at the same time, it does remove the dust. So anyway... moving along.

Back to top Go down
Firebat_Ghost
Firebat_Ghost

Male Number of posts : 107
PSN ID: : Firebat_Ghost
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question!   To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question! Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2008, 19:50

Holy crap I didn't know 40gb's could do fan tests. *goes off to do a fan test*

I wouldn't do it if i were you btw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question!   To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question! Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2008, 19:51

Oh, I'm not, don't worry, I may call Sony and ask them about it tho.
Back to top Go down
darrrkness
darrrkness

Male Number of posts : 92
PSN ID: : NERO-X-
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question!   To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question! Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 17:58

looks dangerous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question!   To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question! Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 19:24

I found out today that you SHOULD NOT DO THIS!!! Sony has said that this is not meant to be done in this way, the only reason that the fans should be throwing out fan speed that much is because of overheating. So by doing this they said that you risk destroying some very important components. So for the love of god, don't do this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question!   To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Fan Test, Or Not To Fan Test, that is the question!
Page 1 of 1