Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Memorial Day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2008, 11:39

Just like to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day. Get your flags out, get your BBQ's going and have a good time.

Also, remember our troops and the sacrifices they make to secure our freedom and the freedom of other countries in need.

Memorial Day American-flag
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 274
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2008, 12:27

YEP! already ate teh BBQ now I just gotta go do some random crap. Have a Happy MEMORIAL DAY!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Male Number of posts : 760
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2008, 13:30

had mine yesterday with all my family hope all our troops keep safe and if any acid members remember adem and shadow are both in the marines i hope the best for both of them and if its not too much to ask keep my dad in your thoughts as well hes leaving in a week for a year and a half stay in iraq
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Male Number of posts : 259
PSN ID: : yodadamanadamwan
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2008, 15:21

my step dad went to Iraq already and is currently in Egypt, thanks for your support.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2008, 15:27

what branch your step dad in yoda?
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2008, 16:01

National guard, ammo and demolitions expert
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2008, 17:55

no ****? my dads in the national guard as well hes a aircraft mechanic good thing is he's in the air a lot and he's in the largest base they have in iraq its too bad many other troops dont have that luxury
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2008, 20:33

my step dad is living in a resort in Egypt right now lol
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 18:37

LOL! I've got soldiers in all roots of the family. Almost all my cousins, one which went to Iraq for nearly a year. My grandfather was also in the Air force and went to Vietnam twice and Korea once.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 19:53

air force hm? thats what striker whats to do
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 08:43

my cousin is also in the guard, he just volunteered to go to Iraq a couple months ago.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 15:36

Cool! Striker you should totally go for it. What division do you want to be in though?
Take a look at this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqP64k5wygQ
I found it pretty funny!!!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 16:10

yodadamanadamwan wrote:
my cousin is also in the guard, he just volunteered to go to Iraq a couple months ago.

wow volenteered? damn good luck too him over there
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 16:52

Well, here is what I am planing to do:

Next year I am going to a community college because I got into a state program that allows me to go to get my AA degree for free. Then I am going to transfer to a traditional 4-year college and apply for Air Force ROTC.

After that, my first goal is to become a Fighter Pilot. Now, while I am confident that I could make it, my grades aren't exactly all A's if you get what I am saying. So my second choice is a bomber pilot...hopefully for a B1 Lancer or B52. Either that, or I will go into Air Force Intelligence.

I am going to dual major in History and Political Science, so I may decide to go Intelligence rather than bomber pilot.
Back to top Go down
Whisky-Foxtrot
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 47
PSN ID: : RedSpear7
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 20:06

Striker if you want something really "military", the Chair Force isn't for you. You do know the Marines have their own air force and fighter seats are a lot less competative than the USAF. Also depending on the college ROTC ain't sheat; much better to join a Delayed Entry Program (DEP) and work with whatever branch it is.

Anyways thanks guys for the kind words; as some of you know I'm about to get deployed but before I go I get to try out for a VERY SPECIAL unit, but I don't think I'm gonna make it. If anybody wants to hear some cool stories let me know cause I've got some good ones lately.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 20:20

good luck redspear! id love to hear stories
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 20:44

Whisky-Foxtrot wrote:
Striker if you want something really "military", the Chair Force isn't for you. You do know the Marines have their own air force and fighter seats are a lot less competative than the USAF. Also depending on the college ROTC ain't sheat; much better to join a Delayed Entry Program (DEP) and work with whatever branch it is.

Anyways thanks guys for the kind words; as some of you know I'm about to get deployed but before I go I get to try out for a VERY SPECIAL unit, but I don't think I'm gonna make it. If anybody wants to hear some cool stories let me know cause I've got some good ones lately.

Hey man. I know you got opinions and everything but that really pissed me off. You basically just said my Grandfather went to Vietnam twice and Korea and he wasn't in the "real military". That's pretty god damn offensive to me bitch. Don't go talkin **** about something like that. You know how ******* SCREWED OVER we would be without the air force??? Yeah, alot. BTW wat division are you in? Also I would love some really good stories.
Back to top Go down
Whisky-Foxtrot
Clan Member

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 08:50

Look man not trying to offend anyone; my grandfather was in the "Old" Air Force too and back then they were kick as s first ask question's later. It just seems now-a-days it has become a business thats all I was saying.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 08:57

Darkeric, don't take it seriously. All branches of the military have things to say about the others. Its a rivalry and its all for fun, but as soon as the bullets start flying then its 100% teamwork.

Whisky-Foxtrot, I have to repsectfully disagree. ROTC basically is (which I am sure you know) that I get officer training while I am in college, and if I am needed beforehand, they can accelerate my training and I can finish college later. Which almost never happens, generally everyone in ROTC graduates and then gets fully inducted as a Second Lieutennant. And thats pretty much how the AF Acadamy works too.

The Air Force may not be on TV as much as the Army and it may not have the prestige following it like the Marines, but it is a very important part of our Armed Forces, and is not in any way a "business". In fact, actualal fighter pilots and bombing is only part of the Air Force's job. They also work with NASA and have active space projects, as well as work with the Pentagon and protect the nations cyber security. On top of that, they are a key Intelligence source for the entire military. To be honest, while I respect the hell out of everyone on the ground, I would much rather be at 35,000 feet raining hell. Because while I may not be a "soldier" per se, I am making just as big a difference as anyone in the military.

As a closing note, while you are over there, be safe and I hope you never run into trouble. But if you ever get into a hairy situation, and need some air support, you can bet your *** an Air Force plane is on its way.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 15:08

Striker wrote:
Darkeric, don't take it seriously. All branches of the military have things to say about the others. Its a rivalry and its all for fun, but as soon as the bullets start flying then its 100% teamwork.

Whisky-Foxtrot, I have to repsectfully disagree. ROTC basically is (which I am sure you know) that I get officer training while I am in college, and if I am needed beforehand, they can accelerate my training and I can finish college later. Which almost never happens, generally everyone in ROTC graduates and then gets fully inducted as a Second Lieutennant. And thats pretty much how the AF Acadamy works too.

The Air Force may not be on TV as much as the Army and it may not have the prestige following it like the Marines, but it is a very important part of our Armed Forces, and is not in any way a "business". In fact, actualal fighter pilots and bombing is only part of the Air Force's job. They also work with NASA and have active space projects, as well as work with the Pentagon and protect the nations cyber security. On top of that, they are a key Intelligence source for the entire military. To be honest, while I respect the hell out of everyone on the ground, I would much rather be at 35,000 feet raining hell. Because while I may not be a "soldier" per se, I am making just as big a difference as anyone in the military.

As a closing note, while you are over there, be safe and I hope you never run into trouble. But if you ever get into a hairy situation, and need some air support, you can bet your *** an Air Force plane is on its way.

LOL! I love ur ending. Yeah, I agree that the militray has to work together, my cousin's in school and he's taking ROTC and I think he plans to do something. Hopefully you will stay safe whiskey.
Back to top Go down
Whisky-Foxtrot
Clan Member

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 16:57

"Bring the rain"; too bad I've been "rained" on by friendly zoomies; ROTC is diffrent at every college but at mine it was ****; most guys couldn't even do 3 pull-up's. Anyways I can't say on here but if anybody wants to know what unit post your email and I'll tell you all about it.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 17:30

Yeah, must have been the pleebs. Shoot me a PM, I'd like to know your unit. Also, for when you get over there, good luck! I respect the hell out of you for serving this country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Memorial Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memorial Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Force Recon Forums :: General Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: