Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IGN UK MGS4 Review

Go down 
+7
Godsend
SGT_Eversmenn
Striker
Darkeric
Trieloth
Anubis006
butt_rubber
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

Male Number of posts : 316
PSN ID: : butt_rubber
Registration date : 2007-08-02

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 13:14

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/877/877611p1.html

Very well said
Back to top Go down
Anubis006
Council Member
Anubis006

Male Number of posts : 221
PSN ID: : anubis006
Registration date : 2007-08-28

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 14:10

...U really think that review means anything 2 me? Im not attacking u at all rubber, but all this review **** thats goin on in general, sick to death of it. NONE of these reviewers have anysay in any of my purchases anymore. This is Metal Gear got damn Solid 4!!!! I dont need some european tea sippin *** jocky 2 tell me what to expect and to put a number on it

This is my masters Kojima's last tour on this battlefeild, i WILL support him. i dont give a flyin whupty f*** if IGN, Gamespot, 1up, WHOEVER gives this game a 1 or a damn 10.....im buyin it because dammit i WANT it. ive been waiting for it and i kno what 2 expect from it.

Reviewers can kiss the tip of my ballz from now on. If u want a game, buy it, enjoy it and love it for it good parts. If u aint feellin it thats cool, there are ppl somewere who do and will.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/anubis006
Trieloth
Council Member
Trieloth

Male Number of posts : 673
PSN ID: : Trieloth
Registration date : 2007-08-08

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 14:37

Interesting place..they have a ninja gaiden 2 ad right in the middle of the reveiw. WTF is 9.9 seriously? People where quick to hand out perfect 10's towards Bioshock. That game wasn't that good at all. Whats going on with these web sites?
Cant wait to see the US IGN reveiw. (7.463/10)

Just like what Anubis006 said "Up yours IGN, EGM, gamespot etc."
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 274
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 15:24

I'm with ya Anubis. I don't need someone to tell me what to buy unlike other people. I'll buy what I ******* want to buy no matter who the **** tells me not to. Damn! Can't wait for this game!!!
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 16:06

Wow, 9.9, I assume that extra .1 is because its on the PS3 and not the 360, it seems like something an IGNorant reviewer would do. Any site/person who doesn't agree that MGS4 is a perfect 10, is quite simply wrong.
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 16:49

Maybe the game is not perfect. Not to be a jerk but it seems like all of you like to complain about something. lol. HAZE and Quake Wars getting mediocre reviews and MGS4 getting outstanding reviews. GTA4 for the PS3 got a perrfect 10. IGN is far from favoring the Xbox 360. There are ton of good PS3 exclusive games that got outstanding reviews.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Male Number of posts : 760
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 17:01

quake wars for
ps3- 5.1
360- 6.3

go ahead and tell me again why the same game gets a far better score on ign find some arbitrary reason in there

im honestly not at all suprised ign can go suck off bill gates for all i care bioshock? a 10 no hesitation at all, halo a 10 again no hesitation, GTA4 10 no hesitation, MGS4 um 9.9 wouldnt want M$ to think we dont serve them anymore
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 17:29

I only complain when I have to. Quake Wars and HAZE deserved better scores than they got, and why give MGS4 a 9.9, when everyone knows the game IS going to be perfect and it seems kinda LAME that it would get a 9.9 and not just a 10. Especially when most other game sites call it the "best game ever made".

As Solid Snake would say:

"Reviews have changed. They're no longer about reasonable views, or objectivity. They're not even about independent thoughts, justification, or consistency. They're an endless series of pissing contests, fought by ignorant and egotistical journalists.

Reviews, and their vast consumption of human intellect, have become an irrational, depleted source of reliability.

Reviews have changed. ID-tagged journalists carry ID-tagged websites, use ID-tagged review scores. Illogical opinions inside their minds enhance and regulate their actions.

Hype control... Information control... Opinion control... Message board control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control.

Reviews have changed. The age of journalism reliance is now the age of control, averting catastrophe from reasonable review scores. And he who controls the message boards, controls history.

Reviews have changed. When the message boards are under total control, mandatory criticism becomes routine."
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 18:08

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
quake wars for
ps3- 5.1
360- 6.3

go ahead and tell me again why the same game gets a far better score on ign find some arbitrary reason in there

im honestly not at all suprised ign can go suck off bill gates for all i care bioshock? a 10 no hesitation at all, halo a 10 again no hesitation, GTA4 10 no hesitation, MGS4 um 9.9 wouldnt want M$ to think we dont serve them anymore

Bioshock and Halo 3 did not get perfect reviews. Look at Folklore, GT5, Motorstorm, Hot Shots Golf, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, just to name a few. They all got better reviews on IGN than gamespot.
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 18:09

Oh I forgot.... They said Quake Wars for the PS3 have/had server issues and worse graphics. Thats a pretty crucial reason for an online only game.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 18:52

server issues well so does cod4 that got a 10
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 19:23

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
server issues well so does cod4 that got a 10

That didnt get a 10 either. lol. The last game that got a 10 on IGN and gamespot was Tonh Hawk 3.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 19:52

tony hawk 3 Neutral o well while looking at that i noticed both call of duties have the same score but a lot of people would say 360 servers are better either way graphics and servers aren't worth th whole 1 point drop
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Council Member/Head Admin
Godsend

Male Number of posts : 1592
PSN ID: : Godsend429 or Frydaddy78
Registration date : 2007-08-01

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 21:41

Server issues?? IGN has brain issues. Yeah there is some lag, but nothing I or the thousands of people that were online this morning playing it couldn't stand! COD had worse lag to me. Yes my sig still is a proven fact!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://blacktemplarsguild.forumotion.com
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2008, 06:40

Here is something I forgot about. Tiger Woods 08 and DIRT have got better reviews on the PS3 than the Xbox 360. Based on gamspot. IGN gave them the same score.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Council Member/Head Admin
Godsend

Male Number of posts : 1592
PSN ID: : Godsend429 or Frydaddy78
Registration date : 2007-08-01

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2008, 08:03

It still matters not. Same game. Should be same score. These people are so tied up in this so called console war that just cuase one version of a game is a shade lighter in lighting makes it better or worse than it's other console counterpart. Sounds ridiculous I know, but thats what it has come down to now days. Nit-Picking every little thing. It just needs to stop cuase it's getting really depressing.
Back to top Go down
https://blacktemplarsguild.forumotion.com
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2008, 09:33

Same name doesnt mean same game. A lot of the time things been stripped out of ports. Also there could be framerate issues. I heard the PS3 versions of MOH Airborne and NHL 08 have a lot of slow down. A HUGE example would be first generation PS3 and Xbox 360 games VS PS2 and Xbox games. A lot of stuff were stripped from the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. Look at Madden 06, NHL 2K6, COD3, MLB 07 The Show. The list goes on and on. Now its the other way around but you dont see to many PS2 games nowadays.
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Male Number of posts : 259
PSN ID: : yodadamanadamwan
Registration date : 2008-02-27

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 00:41

why is everyone complaining? The game almost got a perfect 10, bitching about .1 pts is kinda dumb lol. And really, no game is perfect anyways. Hardware does affect the rating for these games also, a certain system may have a better control scheme, for example. There are several factors that cause a game to get a lower score on one console rather than another.
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 07:43

yodadamanadamwan wrote:
why is everyone complaining? The game almost got a perfect 10, bitching about .1 pts is kinda dumb lol. And really, no game is perfect anyways. Hardware does affect the rating for these games also, a certain system may have a better control scheme, for example. There are several factors that cause a game to get a lower score on one console rather than another.

Thank You! lol
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:21

9.9, if they are going to give it that then they might as well give it a 10, but they won't because they like the D in their B. And yes, there are perfect games. GoldenEye 64 was perfect, if you want to argue that then you are an ignorant fool. Another game that was perfect? Oblivion. That game had everything except a multiplayer mode, and since everyone knew there would be no multiplayer it wasn't factored in.

MGS4 will be perfect, already many companies and reviewers are calling it the best video game ever made, so why give it a 9.9? Just give it a 10.

This is just another faggy thing that IGNorant reviewers do.
Back to top Go down
Anubis006
Council Member
Anubis006

Male Number of posts : 221
PSN ID: : anubis006
Registration date : 2007-08-28

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 13:06

In my case, Adam and rubber, its not about it gitting a perfect score. Its not about Who gave it a high score or a low score. Its not about Sony/Ms fanboyism, IGN's resent actions or PERSONAL VENDETTAS AGAIST GAMESPOT/FAQS MODER-HATERS. I just pulled a Romer and just plain old didnt read the gotdamn review nore any all month....WHY?

1) Everyone with a yellow name know why i didnt REEEEEEAAD Suspect that ****. But your unknowing so ill tell you.....I DONT READ ****!!! Not happnin at all, someone tells me to go read about a games new features or somthin like dat.....fight breaks out.

2) I have been waiting, YEARS upon YEARS for this game. I dont give a damn if the game is bottom of the barrel, whipe my @$$ with the instruction manuel, gag me with a toilet plunger, game over snake dies of a clogged colon right after tha game starts and thats it, game over BULLSH!T!!! IGN, Gamespot, Edge, Play, Gamepro, EGM, PSM, WHOEVER can give it a 1....i wont give a ****, give it a 10, i wont give a ****. im buyin it and ill love it.

Dont need someone elses opinion of what 2 buy wit my money. A number grade 2 me is pointless. Either u git it or u dont. PERIOD.
I kno the story, I want it.

Last edited by Anubis006 on June 1st 2008, 14:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/anubis006
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Male Number of posts : 259
PSN ID: : yodadamanadamwan
Registration date : 2008-02-27

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 14:23

I was just stating that there's no "perfect" game, perfect doesn't exist. I understand that a lot of reviewers are biased which is why I don't just look at one review. If I'm hyped up enough about a game, I'll get it regardless of the scores it gets in reviews. Personally though, I never really followed the MGS series very closely which is probably why I'm not that excited to get this. Hell, I'll buy any Star Wars game regardless of whether I know it's going to suck or not just because it's Star Wars. Really, the only thing I thought was stupid was complaining over .1 of a point in a review. It's dumb that they didn't give it a 10, but hey, that's life. Also, I don't think game developers set out to make a better or worse game for a certain system. They may prefer one over the other but I don't think they set out to make a bad game regardless.
Back to top Go down
Trieloth
Council Member
Trieloth

Male Number of posts : 673
PSN ID: : Trieloth
Registration date : 2007-08-08

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 16:01

OK dude, try to tell your girl freind shes only a 9.9 out of ten and then see what happens.
I really shouldnt say anything cuz I havent played the game but neither has any of you jokers.
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 16:09

^^^^^^^^ hahaha
he knows his ladies haha
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 16:10

and go$ ****in d***-it y*d*m*n where the ****
has your a$$ beenS lately main
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IGN UK MGS4 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGN UK MGS4 Review   IGN UK MGS4 Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IGN UK MGS4 Review
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next