Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New kind of game

Go down 
+3
Darkeric
butt_rubber
Striker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 13:02

Well now I have HAZE and everything is all good, but people who have spoken with me lately have seen that I have somewhat become bored of shooters. Don't get me wrong they are fun, but I have played just about every shooter on the PS3 and I'm kinda bored with them now....and I probably wont get another one until Resistance 2. (MGS4 is not a shooter, its stealth action!)

Anyway, I am looking into getting a new type of game. I was thinking Uncharted or Assassin's Creed, but now I have begun thinking about a more radically different game.....an RTS.

Right now, I am looking at StarCraft and Sins of a Solar Empire, and I am currently leaning toward the latter one. Tell me what you think, and give suggestions/comments. Thanks!

EDIT: I just came across Star Wars: Empire at War. Being a huge Star Wars fan, this is like one big glorified GALACTIC CONQUEST like in the battlefront games. I might get this, but SINS looks very good. StarCraft.....I might just wait for SCII.
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

Male Number of posts : 316
PSN ID: : butt_rubber

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 13:11

I really enjoyed Starcraft back in the day. Warcraft is pretty fun too. Actually right now I am playing Company of Heroes. Awesome gameplay and I think its up to 8 players online.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 13:18

Yeah I was looking at some WWII RTS's, and also the Age of Empires and Medieval Total War games, but I want some space battle action going on.

Right now for me I am trying to choose between SINS and Empire at War. If anyone has played 1 or both of these games and wants to give me some input, that is much appreciated! Also, if there is another space RTS that you think is good tell me about it!
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 274
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 18:01

LOL! I can't wait for MGS4!!! WHooo-Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Male Number of posts : 760
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 18:34

same my friend told me that one game was really good untold legends or something like that on the ps3 its suppoused to be good i have that star wars one its pretty good for a big RTS though i like LoTR battle for middle earth 1 or 2
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 20:08

Yeah I was looking into WWII and other modern war RTS's, and then I considered the medieval ones, but space seems very cool to me, and the scope of your control and battles are much more than those other games, even though I am sure they are awesome.

I am really stuck between Sins of a Solar Empire and Star Wars: Empire at War.

Star Wars would be easier to transition into, because it is a lot like Galactic Conquest on SWBF2. I am very familiar with Star Wars, and it is good because it has a "story mode" where you play out the entire Galactic Civil War. It also has a "Galactic Conquest" option where you can play out a war with anywhere between 8-42 planets. And it has a "Skirmish" mode where you can do a single space/ground battle.

However, Sins seems to be a much "deeper" game, with economics, treaties, and a little more strategy and tactics in the game. Unlike EaW, in Sins different ships are more/less effective than others at taking down a certain enemy ship. For example, Ship A is effective against Enemy Ship C, while Ship B will get decimated by Enemy Ship A. It also has a larger scale, where you can fight in up to 5 different galaxies, each with several star systems. Also, the scale of the game is much bigger, where you can have up to or over 1,000 ships under your command. And the ships are much more extensive and have more specific uses. Maybe one ship is made to unleash a storm of nuclear missles onto the surface of an enemy planet, while another is meant to take out enemy troop carrers, and yet another set of ships to disable enemy capital ships.

However, this gives Sins a much higher learning curve, and I bet its pretty overwhelming. So I am torn.
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 20:44

You should just tuck your balls away, and pick up the World of Warcraft Battlechest man, thats a different kinda game altogether.
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 20:52

or just get ET:QW and come get owned w\ me haha
i never even play w\ any yellow named motha fuckas
at all, where you at tonite godsend, i sent you a message on psn haha

Last edited by exmark72 on June 1st 2008, 20:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 20:53

And if you guys are still deciding about ETWQ watch this:.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5L7kPCfPrk
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 21:11

Well I would get WoW but I want something that isn't going to drain all my money. It costs $ to buy the game, then $15 a month to play. Not happening.

ETQW is good but again I am getting a little bored with shooters and wont buy another one until Resistance 2.

These Space RTS games look pretty interesting and I have never played anything like them before. After more research I am leaning towards Sins, which seems to bring more to the table and has better animations that EaW. But if I like the genre enough, I may get EaW anyway.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Council Member/Head Admin
Godsend

Male Number of posts : 1592
PSN ID: : Godsend429 or Frydaddy78
Registration date : 2007-08-01

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 22:48

Again QW is not your typical shooter. Unless your on the frontline you won't be shooting that much unless its self defence for that one guy that got passed. Other than that your busy spoting targets or constructing defences.
Back to top Go down
https://blacktemplarsguild.forumotion.com
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 08:04

Yeah, true, but I also need to conserve money before MGS4. QW is $60, and SINS is only $30 or $40.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 08:09

Striker wrote:
Yeah, true, but I also need to conserve money before MGS4. QW is $60, and SINS is only $30 or $40.

A WWII RTS.... Blitzkrieg
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 12:28

Yeah that looked okay....but I have pretty much narrowed it down to a space RTS. Its just something so radically different from anything I have ever played before.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 15:50

Empire at war
Back to top Go down
Trieloth
Council Member
Trieloth

Male Number of posts : 673
PSN ID: : Trieloth
Registration date : 2007-08-08

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 15:52

RTS?..I couldnt get into any of those other than command and conquer's. They are just so freaking boring.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 16:40

I just got done playing the SINS demo. There are several parts to it...I will probably spend the next few days playing the whole demo. There are 4 tutorials that take about an hour each, then there is a small single player mode to do. I'm going to keep playing that demo and figure out if I want to buy it. I can already tell there is a steep learning curve, as there are so many things you can do in that game.

As I type this up, I am downloading the Empire at War demo. Hopefully I'll like it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 17:28

space rts? buy starcraft ill play you online if you do get it
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 18:55

Yeah I didn't want something that old. I'm sure its good but it doesn't spark my interest. Besides, Starcraft has a LOT of micro managing, and as a new RTS gamer I want to start off with something easier to learn.

Now, I just played all the tutorials for EaW and I have to say I had a lot of fun. Its not as immersive as Sins, and it doesn't have as high quality graphics and open galaxy feel like Sins, but its simple, and its somewhat easy to learn, where as Sins has a LOT of stuff to learn. Plus, being a huge Star Wars fan and a new RTS gamer, I am not as bothered by minor faults that hardcore RTS fans are.

I am going to keep playing these demos, but for now it seems I will go with EaW and then after I get familiar with RTS style of gaming, I will graduate to Sins later in the summer.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 20:43

star craft has a learning curve of something like super smash bros >_> unless you wanna be really really good theres not much to do you learn on the fly ******* zerg rushes Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New kind of game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kind of game   New kind of game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New kind of game
Page 1 of 1