Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Console wars

Go down 
+3
Trieloth
Godsend
yodadamanadamwan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Male Number of posts : 259
PSN ID: : yodadamanadamwan
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 11:59

Quote :
Two years ago about this time, DFC Intelligence asked the question, “Could Sony Go From First to Worst?” At the time, our less than definitive answer was: maybe. We argued that much would depend on the execution of Sony and its competitors over the next few years. Two years later, DFC can say with more confidence that we do not think the PlayStation 3 will be the third place system. DFC forecasts that the PS3 will overtake the Xbox 360 in 2009 and finish in a strong second place behind the Wii.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10710&Itemid=2

Although it is slightly depressing that they're projecting the PS3 will come in second place to the Wii, I think it's a matter of apples and oranges. Those that want a casual gaming experience will go for the Wii, while the hardcore gamers will most likely gravitate towards the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Council Member/Head Admin
Godsend

Male Number of posts : 1592
PSN ID: : Godsend429 or Frydaddy78
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 12:32

Question is how can a console that has crap for software sales be in any place?
Back to top Go down
https://blacktemplarsguild.forumotion.com
Trieloth
Council Member
Trieloth

Male Number of posts : 673
PSN ID: : Trieloth
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 14:08

Godsend wrote:
Question is how can a console that has crap for software sales be in any place?
Diddo, I suppose its because of hardware sales is why the figure the Wyy even has a chance.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 274
PSN ID: : Darkeric
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 20:12

Wii is winning due to hardware. By the end of this year everyone will have one and in 2009 and onward till prolly 2011-2013 PS3 will be first place! MGS4 will sell like a hooker in Japan. Alot!
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 20:36

I still doubt that the PS3 will ever be in first place, and one game doesn't sell a console. The thing with the Wii is it's cheap and it appeals to casual gamers. PS3 is just too expensive to appeal to the casual gamer audience.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 21:28

The casual gamer market will slowly fade away!
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 21:31

Casual gamers are not gamers. The only console that matters to gamers is either the PS3 or the 360. Sure, the Wii is something interesting that is fun to throw around for an hour. But after that, unless you are a 6 year old kid or an 84 year old woman with dementia, you will be done with it.
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

Male Number of posts : 316
PSN ID: : butt_rubber
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 21:58

I dont know if people know this but I work at Best Buy and when we get Wii's, we get about 70 of them at a time and we sell out in about 2 days. Thats insane! We havent had a shipment of PS3's and 360's in ages and we still have over 30 of them. On average I sell about 3 PS3's on weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and like 5ish PS3's Monday-Thursday (not a day). 360's I sell like 5 or 6 a day on weekend days and like 7 Monday-Thursday. Lately I been selling more PS3's than 360's which is a great thing just because the games everyone wants are finally here or gonna be here by the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 22:15

yodadamanadamwan wrote:
I still doubt that the PS3 will ever be in first place, and one game doesn't sell a console. The thing with the Wii is it's cheap and it appeals to casual gamers. PS3 is just too expensive to appeal to the casual gamer audience.

LOL! MGS4 crashed Amazon F.Y.I. THink before you speak! The bundle was up for 5 minutes and they all sold-out and Amazon crashed. Yeah, MGS4 doesn't sell any consoles, that would be too stupid.
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 22:52

cuz ****** retards who dont work for they're money gotta collect 4-6 hundred dollar gaming systems dude, think before you speak
how many hours you gotta work for a ps3 and mgs4 w\ high speed interweb to play the **** on ?
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 22:56

Darkeric wrote:
yodadamanadamwan wrote:

LOL! MGS4 crashed Amazon F.Y.I. THink before you speak! The bundle was up for 5 minutes and they all sold-out and Amazon crashed. Yeah, MGS4 doesn't sell any consoles, that would be too stupid.

If MGS4 crashed Amazon then Amazon doesn't deserve to be in business lmao. And would you have bought a PS3 if MGS4 was the only game that would be made for it? Didn't think so, and plz respond with a little more respect.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:09

LOL! K. well, yeah. I would buy a whole ******* console for MGS4. YOU obviously aren't a fan of the series so it doesn't really matter to you but this is life or death for most PS3 users. LMFAO at Amazon, appearently a few hundred bundles were up and so many people got on that it crashed a few minutes later, it is ******* Amazon though. It's like Ebay crashing...think about that. Anyways, MGS4 is a system seller whether you admit it or not.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:13

exmark72 wrote:
cuz ****** retards who dont work for they're money gotta collect 4-6 hundred dollar gaming systems dude, think before you speak
how many hours you gotta work for a ps3 and mgs4 w\ high speed interweb to play the **** on ?

Yeah, I know it costs alot and maybe it is for real gamers only but still, it's a system seller.Besides, with the lowered prices and the more and more blu-ray movies people r buying it even more. Wii may sell alot of hardware but trust me...barely every now and then it sells some good hardware. I have to wait for about 6 months for a good Wii game. Alot less for a good 360 or PS3 game. those retards better get working!
Back to top Go down
exmark72
Clan Member
exmark72

Male Number of posts : 477
PSN ID: : exmark72
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:25

^^^^ are you striker in disguise ?
or worse yet, romer w\ a different name ?
you just like to disagree w\ everything huh
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:29

Games just don't sell consoles, look at halo 3. That game was supposed to sell the Xbox 360 and it didn't. It just doesn't happen. Nobody (other than you apparently) is going to fork over $600-700 for a single game.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:39

yodadamanadamwan wrote:
Games just don't sell consoles, look at halo 3. That game was supposed to sell the Xbox 360 and it didn't. It just doesn't happen. Nobody (other than you apparently) is going to fork over $600-700 for a single game.

$600-$700? Don't you mean $500 for the 80 Gb bundle. It is pretty stupid to buy it for a single game, but it's not like ANYONE would just buy ONE game. THere's always something else. MGS4 will sell consoles mind you. WHy do you think they changed the motorstorm bundle to MGS4? Yeah, that's what I thought!
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:43

Lol, systems change bundles all the time, mind you. And the definition of a console seller would be a game that is the only reason someone would buy the console. In the heyday of the PS2, there were like 15 different bundle packs. Also, I said $600-700 because I was assuming you'd bought the thing like last year since it's been what, 2 years since it was originally launched? My 60 GB PS3 was $600 when I bought it.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:47

yodadamanadamwan wrote:
Lol, systems change bundles all the time, mind you. And the definition of a console seller would be a game that is the only reason someone would buy the console. In the heyday of the PS2, there were like 15 different bundle packs. Also, I said $600-700 because I was assuming you'd bought the thing like last year since it's been what, 2 years since it was originally launched? My 60 GB PS3 was $600 when I bought it.

Same here. Sorry, I was kinda focused on the current price with my friends just now buying PS3's and whatnot. Yeah, the WHOLE Amazon thing kinda shows that people want that game, oh and the Whole "gunmetal gray clustafuck" does too!
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:48

Darkeric wrote:
yodadamanadamwan wrote:

Same here. Sorry, I was kinda focused on the current price with my friends just now buying PS3's and whatnot. Yeah, the WHOLE Amazon thing kinda shows that people want that game, oh and the Whole "gunmetal gray clustafuck" does too!

Lol everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon when the thing actually starts getting popular, huh?
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:52

yodadamanadamwan wrote:
Darkeric wrote:
yodadamanadamwan wrote:

Lol everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon when the thing actually starts getting popular, huh?

Yeah...he actually has been wanting one for a while but atleast he got it. He's only got Guitar Hero right now so I gotta help him get some good games. He's gonna get MGS4 but not "immeadiately" which sounds like BS to me. He's been playing a shitload of demos though. He won't download any co-op demos either. Gotta think of some good games for him too.
Back to top Go down
yodadamanadamwan
Clan Member
yodadamanadamwan

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:55

Heavenly Sword was a pretty good game and make sure he gets CoD4.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 23:58

yodadamanadamwan wrote:
Heavenly Sword was a pretty good game and make sure he gets CoD4.

I'll make him try the HS demo and he already had COD4 on his PC. ehh, I just need to think of some games he'll really like. He's a picky asian. Hmmm, he might get DMC4 cuz I know he likes that demo and he might get overlord for the hell of it! I'm getting overlord just cause I like it!
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2008, 00:30

Assassin's Creed, Uncharted and HS all good.
Back to top Go down
Darkeric
Clan Member

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2008, 00:34

Godsend wrote:
Assassin's Creed, Uncharted and HS all good.

Yeah...I think I'll let him borrow Creed and uncharted. Atleast our summer vacation has finnally started and we got nearly 3 months!!! Ahhhhhh god damnit!!! Hurry up MGS4!
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2008, 03:09

yodadamanadamwan wrote:

Well if it ain't selling systems then I guess these people really want a PS3 for some other unknown reason?

We see here that Amazon had sold THOUSANDS of MGS4 PS3 BUNDLES! And in matter of SEVEN minutes they were sold out. The bit about crashing the site is luaghable at best. Would be funny though!

www.n4g.com/ps3/News-154424.aspx

and here you can see that it's Amazon top seller in Video games!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_zbw_vg_videogames_more?&pf_rd_p=304529601&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CWHM2FVM98FW8Z081JE

Point of the matter is that GAMES DO SELL SYSTEMS. Maybe not just one game, (Although that seems to be the case here) but in general. The whole perpose you bought a PS3 was to what? Use it for a paperweight? NO! You bought it to play games! So in turn games DO sell systems! Would you buy a system that had NO games for it? Don't think so! Try and agrue that SOCOM didn't sell PS2's I know quite a few people here that would beg to differ. Also I know about a dozen and a half people that were waiting and saving for MGS4 before getting a PS3. The Term " System Seller" or "Console Mover" has been around for some time. Why is that? Becuase it can and does happen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Console wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console wars   Console wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Console wars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next