Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16

Go down 
+5
Firebat_Ghost
butt_rubber
Trieloth
EvoAnubis
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Godsend
Council Member/Head Admin
Godsend

Male Number of posts : 1592
PSN ID: : Godsend429 or Frydaddy78
Registration date : 2007-08-01

SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 22:42

Cool, but I'm hoping for a Console MMORPG!
Back to top Go down
https://blacktemplarsguild.forumotion.com
Firebat_Ghost
Firebat_Ghost

Male Number of posts : 107
PSN ID: : Firebat_Ghost
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2008, 13:47

Lol I just noticed something.

Killzone 2
GoD4
Socom 4
MGS4
GTAIV

All the games I own//will own have a lot of shooting. >_>
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

Male Number of posts : 316
PSN ID: : butt_rubber
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2008, 07:43

Heres a new interview from the Sonys Gamerday (5/16):

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/socomconfrontation/index.html?tag=login;dropdown

At the end you can cleary see that they added knife attacks. cheers
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2008, 22:31

Gametrailers have been doing walkthroughs of the majority of the games at the Sony event today and they recently just put up 2 walkthroughs of SOCOM: Confrontation. Godsend you should take a look at these videos and these probably will change your mind about getting this. haha

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4856.html

^ Thats a link to all the videos but it should be under the newest stuff.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2008, 22:53

Looks like more run and gun camper whore BS to me. This just made me NOT want this even more.
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 07:07

Well that was respawn anyways. SOCOM is usually 11 rounds 5 minutes each.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 07:32

butt_rubber wrote:
Well that was respawn anyways. SOCOM is usually 11 rounds 5 minutes each.

and I'm suppose to care how? Show me a 3rd person shooter that is full on tatical with cover systems online. Something that punishes run 'n gunners by forcing them to use a brain in combat and then maybe I'll start caring.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 08:05

Jason, thats why you play NO RESPAWN games.

In respawn, everyone is going to run n gun. Thats how it is.

But you get into a no-respawn game, suddenly everyone is taking cover, watching their backs, and the like, because if you die once thats it. SOCOM no-respawn multiplayer games are actually the most tactical games I have ever played.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 08:08

COVER SYSTEM!!
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 08:14

Confrontation will have a type of cover system. Not like RSV but a more realistic one.
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 08:25

Well I'll belive it when I see it. If it does have one and I play no-spawn only then maybe, but you know GB's gonna be all re-spawn all day long and I won't do it.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 08:30

Yeah we shouldn't even touch GB's for Confrontation, we should use SOCOM ladders or just schedule battles with other clans privately.

Also, the devs have been talking about the cover system. There are many things like cars, walls, trash cans, etc. scattered all over the levels. Instead of a RSV-type where you just "stick" its more of a free cover system: take cover behind anything anywhere but its more like you are actually behind it, not sticking to it.

Hey, if you don't want to get the game thats fine, SOCOM isn't for everyone. Hell, I have always sucked at SOCOM online, but it is fun as hell and thats why I play it. I am hoping that I can actually get good in Confrontation. Last SOCOM game I was good at online was SOCOM 2.
Back to top Go down
butt_rubber
Honored Guest
butt_rubber

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 10:04

Godsend wrote:
Well I'll belive it when I see it. If it does have one and I play no-spawn only then maybe, but you know GB's gonna be all re-spawn all day long and I won't do it.

Gamebattes only do the non respawn games for SOCOM and Striker is right. SOCOM is probably the most realistic and tactial game I have ever played.

All the noobs usually play respawns. I sometimes play a 20 minute respawn to get warmed up but thats it. But yeah GB is only non respawn games for SOCOM. Always been like that.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Male Number of posts : 760
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 17:33

butt_rubber wrote:
Godsend wrote:

Gamebattes only do the non respawn games for SOCOM and Striker is right. SOCOM is probably the most realistic and tactial game I have ever played.

All the noobs usually play respawns. I sometimes play a 20 minute respawn to get warmed up but thats it. But yeah GB is only non respawn games for SOCOM. Always been like that.

realistic and tactical? online? *chuckle*
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 18:41

Yeah it is. You should try it.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 19:14

online? online is a joke you are either 1. camping a corner 2. spawn camping 3.trying to find out where the hell you are in an 8 person map that could fit 50
Back to top Go down
Trieloth
Council Member
Trieloth

Male Number of posts : 673
PSN ID: : Trieloth
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2008, 20:31

I just seen some newer videos at gametrailers.com for this and it actually looks fairly decent. They had some weird cover sytem sixaxis controls also. Check them out. It did seem run and gunish but it was on respawn mode.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2008, 11:46

Eversmenn, play SOCOM 2 or Confrontation when it comes out before you judge. You have obviously never played a non-respawn SOCOM game online, so unless you know what you are talking about (which you don't) stop assuming you know everything and shut it.

If you don't believe me thats fine, but since you have no prior experience in SOCOM I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2008, 16:19

hm thats funny im pretty sure ive played every socom game made please know what your talking about before you talk shit ive played quite a few non respawn matches thanks enough to know that unless your playing with a full team of friends theres going to be little to no tactics its supposed to be tactical but it isn't seeing as you can snipe basically spawn to spawn in most matches
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2008, 16:30

Haha then you are either run n gunning yourself or you got into a game with Halo fans Laughing Almost every non-respawn game I play is tactical and we work together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16   SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOCOM CONFRONTATION MARCHING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 16
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2