Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter Discussion

Go down 
+2
Godsend
Striker
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 16:04

Well its here, where most of my life will go for the next few months... that would be Monster Hunter. From the one hour that I have played I can say that I will like this game. I was worried there for a second. There are really only two things that I don't like about it, but I'm sure that I will get over. The fact that you can't save during a quest, atleast I don't think you can. And the attacking. I can really get over the attacking because its just going to teach me not to take wild shots at the monster. But other then those two, the game lives up to what you and jason have been telling me. Anyway, yeah, I'm a noob... bigtime. I need some good advice here boys, tell me something that I should do, and what are some good things to go after in the start of the game!!

Anyway, YAY FOR ME!
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 16:09

Yeah, this game is very different in that you CANT just swing in and go johhny rambo.

You need to learn the monster's movements, get them down, and then attack when they are open. Remember, items such as traps will quickly become your good friends! Don't underestimate the importance of the Pokke Farm, combining, or farming monsters to gain new weapons and armor. And above all, when you get to the monsters so huge they can't even fit on your screen......

RUN LIKE A CRAZY SONOFABITCH!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Male Number of posts : 760
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 17:29

heres some tips i always use idk about all your fancy mombo jummbo but heres some general tips

don't waste anything anything and everything is useful income is tight in this game so sometimes its real easy to run out my favorite selling items are

s lvl1 norm shots as long as your not a gunner than 10 a quest isnt bad especially sicne you do tons of quests

nets this is just easy cash here Ivy+spiderweb both of which are found extremely easily and sell for 60 a peice if its still the same plus you wont need nets till at least your second wyv

alrite next ill tell you about combos they are the key to this game know short combos and know power combos and always know when and when you cannot roll out of a move sometimes life and death is as close as a roll away heres some good strats for the weapons i know at least

Great swords: power attack where you do a huge downswing then quickly roll as soon as you make contact the good ol upper cut to a down slash is pretty nice but make sure there are no friendlies when your doing this people get real pissed when you fling them in the air

Sword and shield: i like the leaping jump to an upward slash down slash and then the two hit down slash

lances: straight thrust to 2 upward thrusts and the hit the roll button which will make you jump back and you can repeat the combo

hammers:i hate them...that is all

alright wyv fights now alright idk about the early wyvs but i never use traps unless i need to catch a wyv or im against anything higher than Rath i find them a large waste and are useful but against weak wyvs if you know what your doing thats all you'll need

If combining items is still there heres a few you need to know

Net+trap tool = Pitfall trap
Herb+blue mush = potion
potion+ honey = Mega potion
nitro shroom + fire herb = gun powder
fire herb+small barrel - Small barrel bomb
Gunpowder+ Large barrel = Large barrel bomb
flashbug + gunpowder = flash bomb
screamer + gunpowder = sonic bomb

those are good to know

ps
im really pissed i almost beat the rath today =\ took me every single potion i hade 15 at least a good 5 whetstones a pitfall and 4 lg barel bombs only to have him limping and time to run out...GOD DAMNIT I FUCKING THOUGHT I HAD IT THIS TIME alsso i spent a good 2 extra minutes in camp cause i was talking to people onstead of playing...i would have won...
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Council Member/Head Admin
Godsend

Male Number of posts : 1592
PSN ID: : Godsend429 or Frydaddy78
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 17:41

lol Flash bombs are made from Flashbugs and Bomb Material not gunpowder you silly noob.

Rath is a pussy. I killed him and that bitch of a queen of his in one quest. LONG SWORDS FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
https://blacktemplarsguild.forumotion.com
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 18:23

w/e rest was right i never make flashes anyway they give you 2 for every drome quest and every wyv quest im a noob i was playing monster hunter before the psp was invented plus ill be the one to decide how tough rath is when i compare the two games bet you lots of money he is WAY easier infact i can prove it right now plus troublesome pair isn't that tough anyway i just happen to not have any Iodrome to finish my battle axe plus greatswords=noob
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 18:54

Devil Slicer. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 19:08

actually it wasn't nuff said cause you didn't say anything about it that gives it any type of edge my death prize is attainable at 4* quests has decent sharpness and has stun element

i got $260 now im expecting to buy it when ever i can get out to gamestop
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 19:53

Godsend wrote:
SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
what where your weapons/armor before the fight? any element? o and i think im gonna go ahead and buy a psp now i got $200 thats enough for a psp and MHF2 right?

I had full cenataur armor and used the "Devil Slicer" long sword = EPIC WIN!!!
As for you getting it $200 I don't think its possible.

Basic black PSP slim = $169.99
Off Brand Pro-Duo memory stick 32MB = $19.00
MHF2 used = $34.99

Just run down on the bare minimum it would cost you! You may need a few extra bucks! Plus I would recommend at least a 1GB Sony mem stick.

wow you can mine dragonite before rath no wonder its so easy devil slicer just has high damage but actually all the weapons seem to have way to much power therefor we can conclude MH RATH> MHF RATH
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 20:03

wow what is this gem ballocks eat faster? sharpness +1 in my day we had simple this is whats good this is what sucks
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 21:33

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
wow what is this gem ballocks eat faster? sharpness +1 in my day we had simple this is whats good this is what sucks

English would be good here! Oh and Rath is old school now days anyway.

Tigrex > Rathalos
Ankator > Tigrex
Fatalis > ALL
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 22:27

uh fatalis is from MH1 aswell... and this gen inserting buisness idk it gives you skills apparently read something about it on the mhf2 boards on gfaqs
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 10:10

You must mean the decorations. Yeah well they give skill points not skill. There's a big difference in that. You can't just grab any armor thinking well it don't have this or it weak in that so I'll just add it with this here jewel and presto it ub3r l33t h@x0r, don't work that way! The decorations only have like 1, 2, 3 positive points and some lower end ones also carry negative points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 15:33

I spent about three hours playing with Jason last night in a chat. It took me a while to find the right quests but I did, and well, I never looked back. The game is so great, I spent the first two hours playing just gathering. Which is great. Right now I wouldn't mind getting the full set Velociprey Armor. I saw that you could get it from somewhere. Wether it was on here, or on another website. But yeah.

PS: Lance's are fucking great. END OF STORY. <---Period
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 17:56

lances are my second fav weapon they're really fun and really good is you can use them effectively don't forget about the charge move too velociprey armor is really easy to get all you need is like 5 or so scales some iron ore and hides
Back to top Go down
Anubis006
Council Member
Anubis006

Male Number of posts : 221
PSN ID: : anubis006
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 20:52

Jason and mike should be the got damn spokes ppl 4 this game. Them 2 have helped sell 20 copys in 1 week! (myself included!!!)

P.S......GUNLANCES OWN UR BALLZ!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/anubis006
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2008, 14:13

gun anything is just...ew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2008, 17:30

Well, here is just an update, right now I'm rocking the Velociprey body Armor. Hunter Helmet, and Hunter Greeves. For a weapon, I have the bone lance. Good weapon, but the sharpness on it goes down really fast. So i'm thinking about going to a bow gun soon, but that all depends on if I can find a better lance. Its a good weapon, but I really just can't see any big combos coming out of it later down the road.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2008, 18:24

bone lances are shit for sharpness unless you have ogre tusk i personally like knight lances although the ore necessary is absolutely ridiculous you'll be searching for weeks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2008, 20:12

As of now, I'm going to be on the hunt for Dual Swords. I don't know if I have to make them myself, which I would guess I would have to do. Or what! But those are going to be my weapons of death. I saw Jason murder, and I mean MURDER some monsters with those tools of death. I don't know which kind he had, but thats not the points. 15 hit combos will do any monster in. But here is where my problem lies, what about big monster... can the Double swords live up to those beasts? Or would I be best off sticking with something more bigger and stronger, like the hammer?
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2008, 21:04

there in lies the problem wyvens are going to give you lots of shit if you use duals i DO NOT recommend them unless

1) you are with other people preferably some lances or SnS (hammers and Great swords can throw you around if you accidentally move in front of them which might happen with the move set duals have)

2) You know what your doing by this i mean you KNOW the signs a wyven is going to do X move during time Y and you know how to position yourself to get out of the way damn quick cause no guard=lunch time although rage mode or w/e gives you a huge damage advantage the no guarding/ not being able to roll(no stamina) is a death sentence if you can't escape

3) you have a love of dying really quick

I'm guessing he had the rathalos duals which is what i also used before my memory card got whipped Sad those are nice gradius ultimate IIRC fire damage and a nice like 150 dmg mabey? o well for future reference ill post some +'s and -'s for each weapon ( the ones i know at least Neutral )

SnS: +'s good elemental damage on most good sharpness for bone weapons pretty inexpensive and easy learning curve ability to roll and guard

GS: HIGH damage slow movement easily made up for with roll canceling lower combo #'s not as many elemental swords little more expensive easy learning curve and ability to cut off tails especially good fairly good sharpness

Lance: great guard slow movement high damage and good ranging combos although low in combo count very good sharpness usually good for pinpoint targeting of specific parts idk if headlocking is still in the game but man was that a killer for los back in the day no roll only a sidestep hard learning curve

Duals: really good elemental very few final forms w/o an element attack really quick low damage but made up for in combos NO GUARD the guard button is used for a "rage" mode much like wyverns have which makes you a damage vending machine roll in still there though not great sharpness though some are good most are mediocre at best pretty good for breaking off secondary wyv parts head crow wing claws etc Very difficult learning curve

Hammers: i dont like them Evil or Very Mad but ill try my best here low sharpness high damage again no guard this time its a charged up swinging attack that drains your stamina tap for a ground pound move fairly fast movement for luging one around like your guy does big area damage low combo count fairly easy learning curve but requires some knowledge of wyv's too again wouldn't recommend unless you meet one of 3 things i posted up top

i hoped this helped out some all though most of you are saying TL;DR this is pretty useful stuff monster hunter is a lot of learn through expirience kind of stuff

yes i know my spelling/grammer suck and yes i know i made up some of those words
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 00:26

This will show you all the weapons in the game along with full specs and what it takes to make them. Very usefull!!

http://skiesofcrimson.com/weaponsmith

If it won't let you see it then you have to sign up on the forums!

As far as Duals go I think it's a weapon for players with L33t skillz. I started the game with them and still use them to this day, but I have expanded my arsenal to include Hammers and Long Swords! I use Sword and shield sometimes, but I mostly use the other three. Just depends on the situation!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 14:21

^ uh your statements kinda contradictory you say its for ppl with l33t skills yet you say you started with them...and im sure using duals have gotten you killed tons of time without guarding
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 14:23

ill be getting my game/psp on saturday or sunday if i do ill be on psn chat with meh dont try to baby me through the game though i know what im doing Neutral
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 14:50

SGT_Eversmenn wrote:
^ uh your statements kinda contradictory you say its for ppl with l33t skills yet you say you started with them...and im sure using duals have gotten you killed tons of time without guarding

No there is nothing contradictory about it! I have l33t Skillz! and besides you don't need guard if you know to how dodge properly. If you looked at the weapons I use all the time none of them have guard.(Besides SnS, but I hardly use it) Yet I've killed most of the Big Monsters I have fought my first try. I can't wait to increase my evade skill. but making those jewels or finding an armor with it is tough!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 16:40

besides the fact that the higher lvl monsters are basically tanks and are not easily avoided with 2 rolls you probably got lucky in a few instances and mabey got some good doges other plus hammers make the monster studder or "stun" (not paralyze) easier i would like to know what exactly you've killed with duals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Discussion
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next