Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter Discussion

Go down 
+2
Godsend
Striker
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

Male Number of posts : 996
PSN ID: : Striker725
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 17:08

LOL guarding? Haha, guarding is for hunters who don't know how to kill the monster they need to kill....skilled hunters dont NEED a guard.

LS FTW!!!!!

HOWEVER, I do agree with Eversmenn that duals can't be useful past Kut-Ku.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

Male Number of posts : 760
PSN ID: : SGTEversmen
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 17:20

wow seriously both of you are really getting on my nerves your like the poepl in soul caliber 2 that think guarding is cheap all this elitism is really annoying lol min way is way better its an rpg theres tons of ways to do everything plus guarding is for anyone who likes to be up close and not get thrown around constantly go ahead and use your weapons and do whatever you want but seriously coming here just to say "im way better or this is the only way to do this" is just really god damn annoying plus you guys seem not to notice but not only do monsters have less health in MHF all the weapons have WAY more damage

mabey you can use duals decently on gyp i dont really try it much im sure ultimate los duals could do the job or mabey dual dragon ultimates
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 17:23

I can get up close and personal with anything with a LS. But I agree Dual Swords are REALLY weak, I would not use them past Kut-Ku.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 21:00

guarding is for anyone who likes to be up close and not get thrown around constantly
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 21:20

Again, I can get up close and not get thrown around constantly, unless its a Tigrex in which case blocking isn't gonna save you either.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 21:25

blocking ALWAYS helps you lances and sentinal espacially but you are going to take a few more hits at leastbut what ever works for you guys
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Council Member/Head Admin
Godsend

Male Number of posts : 1592
PSN ID: : Godsend429 or Frydaddy78
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 00:06

Quote :
its an rpg theres tons of ways to do everything

Then why are coming in here acting like you know everything about this game? Becuase you played the first one? Seriouly dude you are starting all this shit! We say somthing and then you say " Oh how is that possible? " or wow thats Th3 G@y! this game must be really easy MH1 is so much harder " all of your resposes are filled with negativity. Really dude you know nothing about MHF2 so you have no room to say anything! You use blocking all you damn well please and I'll use dodge all I damn well please. It works better for me. Just cause you can't kill Rath with duals is not my problem, I can and thats all there is to it. So instead of YOU coming in here and putting down our play styles and saying that something is impossible after we clearly say we did it why don't you learn from it and maybe we or at I might back off the elitist attuide. We can learn from each other, but first we need to playing the same game. No I'm not going to walk you though MHF2 when you get it cuase it's a game best served cold, but I'm here to listen to questions and ideas.

Now you say you wanted the list of Monsters I've killed with Duals?

All Small Dromes
Bulldrome
Yain Kut-Ku
Congalala
Cephadrome
Diynamo Heminatur
Blangonga
Shogun Cenitaur
Gypcercos
Raithian
Ratholos
Gravios

And I'm still nuub at this game. I've seen people kill Fatalis, Ankantor and Lunestra/Teostra with DUALS!!! Any questions?
Back to top Go down
https://blacktemplarsguild.forumotion.com
Anubis006
Council Member
Anubis006

Male Number of posts : 221
PSN ID: : anubis006
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 00:26

uh yeah, its pretty damn cold, fucked around and got the WRONG damn velociprey armor. AND there aint no boots 4 it yet.......allah dammit!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/anubis006

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 08:04

I'll couch for Jason on this one, I have seen him OWN monster with the Dual swords, I mean, he ran up on them 10 hit combo, there dead. I'm left speachless. So yeah, I have seen the damage that these things can deal out.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 14:59

Godsend wrote:
Quote :
its an rpg theres tons of ways to do everything

Then why are coming in here acting like you know everything about this game? Becuase you played the first one? Seriouly dude you are starting all this shit! We say somthing and then you say " Oh how is that possible? " or wow thats Th3 G@y! this game must be really easy MH1 is so much harder " all of your resposes are filled with negativity. Really dude you know nothing about MHF2 so you have no room to say anything! You use blocking all you damn well please and I'll use dodge all I damn well please. It works better for me. Just cause you can't kill Rath with duals is not my problem, I can and thats all there is to it. So instead of YOU coming in here and putting down our play styles and saying that something is impossible after we clearly say we did it why don't you learn from it and maybe we or at I might back off the elitist attuide. We can learn from each other, but first we need to playing the same game. No I'm not going to walk you though MHF2 when you get it cuase it's a game best served cold, but I'm here to listen to questions and ideas.

Now you say you wanted the list of Monsters I've killed with Duals?

All Small Dromes
Bulldrome
Yain Kut-Ku
Congalala
Cephadrome
Diynamo Heminatur
Blangonga
Shogun Cenitaur
Gypcercos
Raithian
Ratholos
Gravios

And I'm still nuub at this game. I've seen people kill Fatalis, Ankantor and Lunestra/Teostra with DUALS!!! Any questions?

i just re read lal my posts there was like 3 that were negitive towards anything one was because i just didnt like hammers but then after i said w/e and didnt push it at all the rest was cause you were bragging about killing los and how he was such a pushover i didnt ever say "thats gay" and i definatly didnt say follow this this is the only way and only during my comment on the hammers did i EVER disrespect any of your playing syles i said dodging isnt for me but i never said dodging isnt good or isnt possible

i never said anythings impossible but when romer said ive seen him take a lot of monsters out with i it was very vague and i was wonder if it was wyvens or what wasnt ever saying duals suck in fact i said i liked them and i did have 2 setts earlier they're fun to use so idk where your getting this "i hate duals" thing from ya i dont have MHF but half of it is in MH1 so i just contribute what i can without being biased towards anything those 2 long posts i gave my opinions on them gave they're +'s and -'s i didnt ever say these weapons are good these are bad i just said for hammers i dont use them a lot so i wouldnt have the best description

and ya i probably going to learn some stuff from you guys cause your right i dont know much about mhf2 but i can't learn anything before i get the game(which is hopefully going to be tomorrow) anyways hope there's no hard feelings now when you say you saw the people beat fatalis was it on youtube? cause that might be intresting to watch usually all the videos are mad boring cause its 4 guys with guns just constantly pooring bullets into fatalis Neutral i know for sure id be shittin my pants if i was using duals against fatalis hell id be shitting my pants regardless of what weapon i was using if it was in game does that mean there is online? im really confused on the online aspect of this game scratch
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 16:05

Eversmenn, MHF2 uses somewhat different mechanics than the MH's from PS2, so the game IS different. Hopefully you can get it soon so we can all work together and help each other.

Back on topic....I am farming Tigrex (yes....it IS possible...I never would have guessed Razz). I have enough materials to make everything, so I am going to do that now. The only exception in the helm. I have asked around and it turns out you only need to break Tigrex's face once in order to get it. After that, it is best to capture Tigrex, which raises the chances of getting the skull shell. So that is what I am going to do now.

When I get the full set, I am going to use 1 Jewel to get 15 Hi-Grade earplug, and another to get 15 PhsycicVis. Then with the remaining 5 slots, I am going to add Grinder jewels so I can have sharpening Inc.

YAY!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 17:18

i know like i said i dont know much about mhf i just know some about mh so i only talk about thinks usually non specific like combos etc.. one thing i hoped they fixed the hitbox that really screws me over a lot and when the wyvens bounce off of things in midair and when they slide across an invisible barrier Suspect

anyway i hate breaking things off it annoys the shit out of me but i guess i get lucky sometimes cause everytime i fight los (a good 8 times by now Neutral) i somehow knock off its left wing claw i dont even aim for it meh it always seems the first times the hardest then after that they seem really easy >_> i swear when i started kut was impossible and as soon as i beat him once i had no trouble from then on
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 17:45

After obtaining every Tigrex armor piece except the helm, I have found that it would take MANY jewels (even with the helm) to get Hi-Grade earplugs. Not only that, to get an earplug jewel, you need a Garuga ear silent That's not gonna happen.

So I will have Psycic Vision +15 (the highest), Sword Sharpening Inc.

Jason, what was that other skill you said you had which made eating/drinking faster?
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 17:51

gluttony? idk that was the only skill ive heard and it happens to do that >_> well canyway could you explain this decorations buisness to me? and the ear im guessing is a rare carve or mabey smashed off? i always have good luck with carves somehow my first gyp carve was the light crystal lol
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 18:13

The ear isn't necisarilly a rare carve, but to get it you need to fight a Yian Garuga, and I HATE fighting those.

Decorations are used to augment armor skills. As you probably know, if you get a certain amount of points in a certain skill, you get a positive/negative effect.

Example:

Cold Resistance +10 gives you cold resistance in some areas
Cold Resistance +15 gives you cold resistance in all areas

Generally, Decorations have both a positive and negative effect. Such as this:

Cold Res +1/ Heat Res -1

Sometimes, Jewels will have all positive effects which are stronger, like:

Cold Res +2

To make Decorations, you need a Jewel (Suiko, Akito, Battlefield, etc.) and 1 or more items, generally from monsters.
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 18:56

so basically its the preset skills on armor but on lower peices of armor or peices that have no abilties?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 20:01

I just got the "Serpents Bite or Blade" and I haven't used it yet, but I have to say that it looks very cool. Right now I'm really trying to get the full set of Velociprey armor, but its just random on when you get the hides, which is the main thing for it. But now that I have the Velocidrome's quest completed I'm thinking that I might just farm him for a while before I move onto anyother hunting quests.

I'm pretty much done with Lances, I just don't like the fact that the combo is so short. I'll be using the sword and sheild until I get me some decent double blades. Anyone got any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 22:09

Nope no hard feelings here! As far a videos go, Yeah you can find them on youtube. Some are crappy, but I don't think I ever seen one with people just shooting Fatalis. In fact I don't recall seeing one with any gun. A bow maybe, but no gun! Anyway the Newbie Guides from MHNoodles tend to be pretty good quality, but all he uses is hammers and horns. So really I would go to www.skiesofcrimson.com and check out the video guides they have there. The cover just about every monster with a few weapons and they are clearly labled so it's easy to find the one you want.

Mike you gotta use a water weapon on garuga. I have no idea how you were able to beat him with devil slicer, but once I got my anchor hammer+ I spanked that bitch like it was nobodys bussiness.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 22:23

Jason, you said something about your Tigrex armor set had a skill which allowed you to eat and drink faster? Which skill was that? Did you use decorations for that?
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 22:31

The only other skill in effect on the armor is cooking, but that makes no sence in it letting me eat faster. All I know it that it does. I used no decorations.
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 23:02

Yup, I am massing up all of my items, and I am officially farming Tigrex to get his helm. After that, its 5* Elder and HR2!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SGT_Eversmenn
Clan Member
SGT_Eversmenn

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 23:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG164li_HlU

this is a real popular strategy clusts are deadly to fatalis at least when 4 people have 99 of them Laughing

o and romer nice choice i also have the great serpent blade nice weapon

gettin psp tomorrow real excited and all the shit stiker told me a couple minutes ago really makes me want mhf2 sounds like theres so much less tedious buisness and its more about the hunt poke farm and offline kitchen Surprised
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 00:28

Check these out!!

http://skiesofcrimson.com/video/white-fatalis-with-dual-swords

Music is really shitty on this, but it's a good vid!

http://skiesofcrimson.com/video/mhf2s-moments-of-invincibility
Back to top Go down
Godsend
Godsend

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 03:53

Dude Mike, There is no way you got a Pale Bone from the 3* Keezu! I have killed him over twenty times so far tonight and all I get is fangs, Fladdy hides, elec sacs, Pale extract, armor spheres and med-lg monster bones. I'm going to be filthy stinking rich by the time this bitch decides he's gonna drop a pale bone. Hell you other guys might even catch up to me by the time I get it.... STUPID KEEZU!!! I hate you!! Mad

Nevermind finally got 3 of them in one kill, but it took me to break his fuckiing face in with my Anvil Hammer!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Striker
Shitty Clan Leader
Striker

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 07:03

Yeah, here is the Khezu carve rates:

Quote :
=======
Khezu (A06.15)
==========
Elder--
Reward For Breaking:
Head/Back-
Pale Extract X1 (92%)
Pale Bone X1 (8%)
Carve:
Body-[X3]
Flabby Hide (50%)
Pale Extract (35%)
Electro Sac (15%)
Capture:
Pale Extract X2 (40%)
Flabby Hide X1 (32%)
Electro Sac X2 (20%)
Pale Bone X1 (8%)
Drop:
Wyvern Tears (75%)
Pale Extract (20%)
Pale Bone (5%)

So as you can see, the best way to get it is to break his face in and capture him. Thats the same thing I need to do to Tigrex to get his skull shell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Discussion   Monster Hunter Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Discussion
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next